Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RHPROFL0 - Background Job Not Picking Up Changes

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

At present I have the RHPROFL0 program to run every night as a background job to reconcile structural authorizations to positions.

The program is running based on a variant that does not include an entry in the key date field. The program does not appear to be picking up any entries, I have checked the SLG1 log which returns the message 'no valid users found in analysis path'.

I have subsequently ran the report in the foreground with a key date input, and the report reconciles structural authorizations as I would expect.

It appears that the report must be ran with a key date input ? If this is the case does anyone know how the report can be set up to run in the background with the correct date as the key date ?

Thanks

Simon

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

>

> Hi All,

>

> At present I have the RHPROFL0 program to run every night as a background job to reconcile structural authorizations to positions.

>

> The program is running based on a variant that does not include an entry in the key date field. The program does not appear to be picking up any entries, I have checked the SLG1 log which returns the message 'no valid users found in analysis path'.

>

> I have subsequently ran the report in the foreground with a key date input, and the report reconciles structural authorizations as I would expect.

>

> It appears that the report must be ran with a key date input ? If this is the case does anyone know how the report can be set up to run in the background with the correct date as the key date ?

>

> Thanks

> Simon

Simon,

Create a variant for RHPROFL0 and set the "Key Date" attributes with the following values:

Selection Variable = D

Option = "="

Name of Variable = Current Date

I'm basing this on my current variant settings, so if you have questions, I can dig further for detailed instructions.

Good Luck!

John N.

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

>

> Hi All,

>

> At present I have the RHPROFL0 program to run every night as a background job to reconcile structural authorizations to positions.

>

> The program is running based on a variant that does not include an entry in the key date field. The program does not appear to be picking up any entries, I have checked the SLG1 log which returns the message 'no valid users found in analysis path'.

>

> I have subsequently ran the report in the foreground with a key date input, and the report reconciles structural authorizations as I would expect.

>

> It appears that the report must be ran with a key date input ? If this is the case does anyone know how the report can be set up to run in the background with the correct date as the key date ?

>

> Thanks

> Simon

Simon,

Create a variant for RHPROFL0 and set the "Key Date" attributes with the following values:

Selection Variable = D

Option = "="

Name of Variable = Current Date

I'm basing this on my current variant settings, so if you have questions, I can dig further for detailed instructions.

Good Luck!

John N.

0 Kudos

John,

Thanks very much for your help on this issue , the creation of the variant appears to have solved the problem, I am going to test a scheduled job in UAT prior to creating the variant in prod.

Your help is appreciated.

Thanks

Simon

0 Kudos

Hi John,

I am trying to do the same exercise however I am unable to chose the option = "=" as it does not have an edit option at all. Is there any option that we need to select before editing this field?

Please suggest, your assistance is very much appreciated.

0 Kudos

Hi

Once you have populated the 'name of variable' field with your required option, for example ' current date' then the '=' entry will automatically populate the option field when you save the variant.

Hope this helps

Simon

0 Kudos

Hi Simon,

Thanks a lot for the information. It is very much appreciated.