Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Email Validation

Hi All,

I working on validation of email field ,Suppose somebody enters email ID like this .

abc#@#xyz.com.

abc@#xyz.com I need to check for these # and throw an error .Could you please let me know on this.

Thanks,

Madhu

Tags:
Former Member
replied

Hi,

I could thought of this logic to throw error if there are more than 1 @ symbol in the Field.

IF(FIND(xxxx,"@",FIND(xxxx,"@")+1)=0,TRUE,FALSE)

Here, XXXX means your email ID field.

Logic is pretty Simple, we are checking for next occurrence of @ starting from first occurrence of @. if there is more than 1 @ then this outer Find will return some non zero number otherwise zero.

Regards,

Shiv

-

-

In my previous post in this thread

&#8217 and &#8216

has been replaced by quotation Mark ( ' ). this is making previous post confusing and misleading. So I am re-posting to make things clear :

"I found that

&#8217 

means left single quotation mark ( ' ) and

&#8216

means Right single Quotation Mark ( ' ). In the syndicator try by doing following changes in your map:

Go to "destination Items" Tab and select your destination Item which is giving you problem. Set Normalization property for this destination Item as "Custom Normalization Only" and specify Quotation Mark ( ' ) (without bracket as the custom character for normalization). Try it and revert with the result."

Regards,

Shiv

0 View this answer in context
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question