cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can not open a saved adobe interactive form

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everyone

We have an adobe interactive form that is displayed on the browser. (ZCI installed - tested on explorer 7, 8 and fireforx 3.5.7)

We can save the form to use it offline. (No problem. File size 46k)

When we are trying to open it, with adobe reader, it simply doesn't open. The hard drive is spinning for over 5 minutes than nothing.

All adobe version tried, have the save behaviour. (Reader 7, 8 and 9)

When using the reader 9, the preview window doesn't show the pdf. it look like to display 2 text lines, to small to be read, and nothing else.

So I can just conclude that the save didn't work.

Is anybody have an idea on how to save the interactive form on local drive?

Regards

dstj

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi I am also having the same problem. The form opens on adobe reader 7 (which the client currently has) but they want to update their adobe readers to the latest version. I tried opening the saved form on a MAC, on Windows 7 and on XP (all on Adobe Reader 9) but with no luck as well. If anyone can shed some light on this issue please do. I am currently using Adobe Reader 9.3 with Sap NWDS version 7.0.09 and Adobe LiveCycle version 7 on Windows 7. Thanks!

OttoGold
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello guys,

I am not sure if that helps (probably not), but your first step should be (in my opinion only, of course) to upgrade your LCD to 8.1. That´s the best version so far and could spare you some time and effort (and cause less stress:))).

It is probably not due a weird structure of forms that LCD 7 produces (probably it´s like the 8.1 result form structure, I didn´t check the details), but this would be my first try.

Cheers Otto

p.s.: SAP version of LiveCycle Designer

Note 1121176 - Adobe LiveCycle Designer 8.0 - Installation

Note 1253121 - Adobe LiveCycle Designer 8.0 - Patch

Note 1176858 - Adobe LiveCycle Designer 8.1 Installation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everyone

We are now at the end of September 2010 and the problem is not fully solved.

We are using now ECC6 Service Pack 21.

I have been able to open the form using Adobe 8.1 but the time required to open an 63k PDF document is 3 minutes 53 seconds.

Even if I am saving it under another name, it is taking as much time as the original document to open.

Am I the only one that has a problem with the Offline Interactive form?

Regards

Edited by: dstj on Sep 29, 2010 9:53 PM

OttoGold
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

My guess: there is some weird srcipt which causes all these "performance problems".

You don´t need to be an expert to check the internals of the form. Just save the file on Desktop, start LCD outside SAP (from your program files), open the form and start exploring. As Chintan suggested I would concentrate on the script editor window (if you canot see it, turn it on in the menu).

Cheers Otto

p.s.: how comes the external firm is not responsible for the problem?

chintan_virani
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Any scripts in the form:ready or initialize events of the form? Also by any chance are you callling some Web Services? What is the Designer version you are using?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Chintan

Based on my understanding, the interactive form has ben created with Designer 7 and WebDynpro Java.

Webdynpro Java was used through Developer Studio 7.

I supposed there is some script. But the form has been done by an external firm.

Because it is not done through tcode SFP, I don't know how to look at the form itself.

I am not a Java programmer.

That of course doesn't help.

Regards

dstj

chintan_virani
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

May be the Adobe Designer version is an issue. NWDS should be fine.

You need at least 7.1 in order to create IFbA. So I would suggest recreate the form with Designer 7.1 and above and see if it resolves the issue.