cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Search functionality

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have a requirement where i have to create a screen where the user can have search facility alphabetically and also with numbers.

That is, we should get all the alphabets from A to Z in clickable form, on clicking which the next UI element should show the list of all entries starting with the clicked alphabet. Same case we have to implement for the 9 digits.

Also a page wise search also has to be performed where on clicking Page 1 link it should display the first 15 entries, page 2 the second 15 entries and so on.

The logic for search will be done in the ABAP rfc. I only want to know what UI elements should be used here for the links and for the search result to be displayed.

What i understand is for the links, linktoaction is used and for the result table can be used.

Is there any better option for achieving this??

How can i make the page clicking work?

Plz help me with this...

Regards.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

siarhei_pisarenka3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Becky

Google-like pagination bar can be implemented with help of dynamic UI programming.

Links with page numbers should be created dynamically (LinkToAction). While creation a link you have to store page number (pNum) as a constant in onAction parameter mapping. Later on when user clicks the link the page number will come to the event handler as an argument. What you need to do in the event handler is to reload the page with search results.

BR, Siarhei