cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating Unprintable Characters in a GM PDF417 barcode in Smartforms

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

I am tring to create a General Motors GM 1724-A format barcode label in Smartform.

The GM specifications state that the PDF4-417 must contain certain unprintable characters like ASCII 04, ASCII 29 and ASCII 30.

I want to create a sring of data in my Smartform Print Program and pass the entire string to the Smartform through an internal structure.

I have create 3 constants defned as hex (type x) '04', '1D' and '1E', but when I try to CONCACTONATE them into the structure field, the program comple erors out... You cannot CONCACTONATE a hex field.

When I moved those hex fields into a 1 char fields, they contain '0', '1' and '1'.

I cannot find a Function Module which will convert a hex into character.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks

Peter

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I received the answer in "Creating Unprintable Characters String in an ABAP program" under ABAP Development » ABAP, General

Sandra_Rossi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

thx for the feedback. You meant this thread: (a link is better, using code from "further markup possibilities" panel on the right of the post form). By the way, you may also ask the moderator (click the abuse button, though there is no abuse ) to move this thread to another forum without duplicating (cross-posting as we say).