cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Block Planning Scenario

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I am building a quick demo without involving R/3.

To give an idea of the scenario here is a simplified example:

Product has characteristic with values A, B,C. Resource blocks, reference cycle and intervals have been structured to schedule requirements A in week 1 , B in w2 and C in W3.

Since I don't have variant configured sales orders from R/3, I created characteristic forecasts A, B and C, all in W3 in APO.

What I want to demonstrate is that on production planning run (MRP) the plan is built in line with block capacity resrevations.

However this would not happen as the PP heuristic standard lots does not acknowledge blocks. All orders are scheduled in W3.

Thanks in advance for ideas and help.

Anton

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try running DS heuristic or schedule sequence with setting consider block planning in scheduling strategy.

Other option is to use operation classification with class 018 but invovles again Ecc/R3. You can try classify operation directly in APO.

Regards,

Santosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Santosh

I tried running with heuristics "schedule sequence" and "schedule operartions" . Only the later refers directly to strategy that acknowledges blocks.

With "schedule sequence" , all planned ordrs are in W1. With "schedule operations" they are in W3. So I still do not get the expected result.

At the same time all the planned orders show correct and respective characteristic propogation. So I believe the master data is right, but I could be wrong.

Thanks and best regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi -

Can you please confirm if you have done all the following steps? You can do all this in APO without CIF'fing any objects from R/3.

1) Create a class in APO

2) Create a characteristic and assign values

3) Assign your characteristic to the class

4) Assign your characteristic value to your PPM

5) Assign class to your resource

6) Maintain the appropriate blocks

Run the standard lot heuristics. These steps worked well for me. Also please check your strategy schedule and planning direction, scheduling mode etc.

Also, if all you are trying to do is for each SKU create planned orders in a certain week of the monthly cycle, you could try using timestreams. Assign the timestream to the product master. you need to create 3 timestreams with a monthly interval but each will have work week of 1,2 and 3.

Thanks

Varun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Varun

I confirm that all 6 steps were already done. I have 3 planned orders one each showing characteristics A, B and C respectively , and propagated as expected . This is after planning and scheduling run as described earlier.The problem is that they are not in block A,B and C (which is W1,W2, W3)

Best regards

P.S.

I quote :

"Also, if all you are trying to do is for each SKU create planned orders in a certain week of the monthly cycle, you could try using timestreams. Assign the timestream to the product master. you need to create 3 timestreams with a monthly interval but each will have work week of 1,2 and 3. "

My comment:

- No, this certainly not the objective. But curiously, where in product master do you assign this and does this override the resource/plant calendars (and even the block schedules if these exist)?

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Closing the issue as no further replies reeived