cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mail to Requester once SC is approved

Former Member

Hi everyone,

We are working with SRM 7. We have the requirement for the mail to be triggered to the requester once the SC is approved. I have already made the settings in SPRO for the "Event Schema" in APPROVAL_PROCESS_DOC_APPROVED>>>APPROVAL_RESULT_NOTIFIC_NEW.

And for the "Recipient of Events " for "Approve Shopping Cart">>>Contact Person.

But, the mail is not getting triggered once the shopping cart is approved by the approver. I have also checked in the employee's inbox, there are no mails there for approval. Although rejection mails are available. Similar settings for rejection have been maintained.

I have checked in SOST, no mails are being generated after approval.

Kindly help me with other required settings for triggering the mail to requester once a SC is approved.

Thanks,

Bhakti.

manp12
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello,

Were you able to find any solution?

As I am facing the same issue, In SOST all emails are getting triggered except the one When SC is fully approved and is ready for approval.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhakti

We have a similar requirement, We need to send email notifications in case the items are rejected and once sc is approved

From what I have read on sdn, we need to do 2 config settings

2 configurations are required.

+ Assign event schema to the transaction type SHC.

SRM -> SRM Server -> Cross Application Basic Settings -> Define Transaction Type

+ define recipients

SRM -> SRM Server -> Cross Application Basic Settings -> Event and Event Schema for Alert Management -> Define Recipients for Notification

I have done these settings however the mails are not being sent even for rejection. Could you please let me know is there any setting to enable notifications atleast when the items are rejected. Would appreciate your quick help.

Thanks

Manish.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. But, no the mail is not triggered at all. Hence, there is document for complete approval under SBWP. Kindly suggest the changes or settings required to trigger the mails for complete approval.

Regards,

Bhakti

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have checked the settings for the "Recipient of Notifications". The value is: Approve Shopping Cart (Scenario) ,Contact Person (User Role).

But, for the settings in schema:

SPRO>>SRM>>Cross Application>>BusinessWorkflow>>Process-Controlled>>Business Process Configuration>>Define Process Levels. For the object type SC: The option of "Acceptance by Contact Person" is maintained as a Zdev, for full reject.

I think this is the reason for which the mails are triggered only for rejection & not for approval.

Kindly suggest me what should be the settings here to have mails triggered for both complete approval & complete rejection.

Thanks everyone for your replies.

Bhakti.

SE12
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Bhakti,

In the Universal Worklist, did you also check the other tabs for this 'mail' i.e. Notifcation tab or Alert tab?

Kind regards,

Siobhan

SE12
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Bhakti,

Did you check in the SAPgui inbox SBWP under the heading 'Documents'?

If it is showing here and not in the UWL then please review notes 945484 and 1051787.

Kind regards,

Siobhan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Masa,

I have checked the settings in IMG for the SC. They are proper. Kindly note that the mail for rejection is working fine. The mail for approval only is not being generate. Kindly suggest the solution for this.

Regards,

Bhakti

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhakti,

By default the sending final email notification is disabled. you have to enable the check box Approval of Application object via IMG->SAP Supplier Relationship Management -> SRM Server-> Cross - Application Basic Settings - Business Workflow - Process-Controlled Workflow - Business Process Configuration - Define Recipient of Notification - Scenario ( Approve Shopping Cart ) User Role - Contact Person (In most cases, the creator of the document).

Regards,

Saravanan..

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check transaction type SHC in IMG. I guess the event schema assignment is missing for the transaction type.

Regards,

Masa

SE12
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Bhakti,

The approval mail will only be sent at the end of the approval process i.e. when the cart has been fully approved by all approvers. If you would like that there are notifications sent during the approval process then kindly refer to my note 1395980 for further information on how to set this up.

Kind regards,

Siobhan