cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MDM Import Manager - Value level splitting

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

I have a question regarding Partitioning values in MDM Import Manager. I've a tab-delimited file with the following structure

Field 1|Field 2

100|1;2;3;4;5

101|1;3;5;7;9

Field 2 in the file is mapped to a (multi-valued) field which looks up into a qualified table and contains values 1,2,3 4,5,6,7,8,9.

I want to update the main table with multiple values, but the values come under a single column. Is there any way by which I could split the values, and map each values individually to the destination value. Field level splitting would not help me in this case, since all the fields have to be ultimately mapped to one destination value (which would not be possible).

I'm not sure if this scenario is possible in MDM. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks & Regards

Anil Madhavan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member205403
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Anil,

we had almost same requirement to split and map values into a multivalued field and were getting data in the same format as you mentioned seperated by comma. In our case we tried to update a field of type look up[flat] but could n't make it working..So, I am not sure if there is any way in import manager to break multiple value of a field saperated by delimited for value mapping.

But you can achieve your requirement by changing source structure a little bit as below:

Field 1|Field 2

100|1

100|2

100|3

101|1

1001|5

101|3

if you can get data in this format then it will be easier to map.

Regards,

Shiv

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Shiv,

It is possible to break value for multivalued lookup flat. It is for multivalued lookup qualified flat that is not possible.

For multivalued flat, you just have to go "Map Fields/Values" pane, go on the first tab "Field Mapping, Source Fields:", click right on the field and select "Set Field Mapping Delimiter -> Multi-Valued", and type the semi-column as delimiter.

Map the field and it will work fine.

Regards,

Vianney.

former_member205403
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Cau,

We tried this thing, but didn't worked out.. We were importing data from a flat file. and both options under "Set Field Mapping Delimiter " were disabled. Please let us know how to make it work out.

Regards,

Shiv

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello shiv,

The option is disabled when the source field is mapped to a target field that is not a multivalued lookup. Be aware that it is not working on qualified too.

Regards,

Vianney.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Anil,

What you want to perform is very easy on multivalued field. But on qualified lookup, it is not possible at all.

you should take into account of what is a qualified table : a link between two table that is qualified by another qualifier field.

In "Import Manager" terms, whenever you map a field of type F for your field lookup[qualified flat], you map at least one field of type Q.

In your example, you have multiple value on your column 1;2;3;4;5. Let's say you have a new column for the qualifier with values a;b;c;d;e;f;g;h;i. How can you determine which qualifier link with which link ? I don't think it is possible.

For example, with this kind of structure it will be easy:

Key|Looukp Qualified|Qualifier|

100|1|a;b

100|2|c

100|3|d;e

100|4|g

100|5|h;f

101|1|b

101|3|e;g

101|5|f;a;j

101|7|e

101|9|b

Let's share your real case, I will try to help you for a solution.

Regards,

Vianney.