cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quality Notification Long text issue.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have an Issue with Quality Notification long text change functionality.User reported that he can only append the additional text and can't edit the alaready entered screen. When I verified the config for the notification type it shows that 'Log line' check box have been checked and "No text" change Check Box Not checked. We need log lind and the same time user can edit the alkready entered screen. We are using Ecc 6.0 system.

Please guide me to fix that Issue.

Regards,

Senthil

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

We fixed the Issue by chnage the program manually. The OSS note available but not suites for our version support pack 4 ecc 6.0 so we manullay corrected the program.

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You made a modification to the SAP programs? You did inform the client this is highly NOT recommended. (if you're consulting). The program mod can be over written at any time by an SAP hot pack, note fix, or upgrade. It has to be carefully monitored and tracked. Most SAP customers and IT groups don't allow mods.

In addition, allowing the editing of the long text could be a serious violation of many regulations, including FDA, USDA. Not to mention regular GMP/GMLP practices. Any audit by a customer or iso auditor could also ding you on your CAPA practices as well. Of course it all depends on what you are using your notifications for, how you implemented the mods, (I.e. does it apply only to certain notification types and processes). Also, how you are tracking any changes. Are you maintaining a trail of what was changed, to what, when, and by whom?

Hopefully all those things were well discussed and addressed with the client or internally in your organization.

FF

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Senthil,

May I know what changes exactly you meant in the standard program?

We too want to control changing the text entered by the User in the Notification based on the User Statuses for a Notification Type.

Best Regards,

Raghavendra K Nayak

Former Member
0 Kudos

"No test Change" this is the only setting which is required to be unchecked.

This should solve your purpose.What you can check is whether the request is transfered correctly .Check the settings with new notification created.

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No offense Sujit but did you check this out before making your above recommendation?

I doubled checked it before making my earlier posting cause I wasn't 100% sure at first. Age does that to memories.

You can't just uncheck the "No text change" indicator. If the log line indicator is set, the "No text change" indicator is greyed out and is not available. It appears unchecked to the user but in fact it is inactivated. I even posted the SAP message.

You make a lot of valuable postings here but please be sure or check it out before making a post if you aren't positive. Or at least give a disclaimer that you're not sure. I'm not perfect but I make every attempt not to post something totally incorrect.

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As soon as you select the Log line, the text change indicator is greyed out so that you cannot change it one way or the other. When you first click on the log line indicator you will get an informational message indicating that. I've pasted in the full text of the message below.

I don't believe you can change this.

Craig

Ind. "Log line" can only be used in conj. with "No long text change"

Message no. QM409

Diagnosis

You set the "Log line" indicator without setting the "No long text

change" indicator.

System Response

Since the "Log line" indicator only applies in conjunction with the "No

long text change" indicator, the system set this indicator automatically