cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Purchaser assigned to 2 purchasing organisations

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello, normally a purchaser can be assigned to 1 purchasing org. if you modify table T77AR / tcode oovk, you can assign the user to 2 purch.org. the values that you have to set are:

Time constraints:

Obj type : 'S'

InfoType: 1001

Subtype: A491

Time constraint: 3

i already did this modification. My question is:

In the org. structure(PPOMA_BBP), how do you assign the user to 2 purch org?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

In order to view the "Purchaser Assignments" structure, goto the bottom

left hand pane in ppoma_bbp, where you see a list of all of your Orgs.

Right click on a PGROUP and you will see in the menu, "Purchaser

Assingment".

Select this and you will see that the right hand pane changes from

"Staff assignments" to "Purchaser assingments".

You can maintain a user "linkage" to the PGROUP here without having to

change the organization of your users in the Staff assingments structure.

Please check below thread this is simliar requirement and this would hlep you.

Regards,

Suneel Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks for the detailed info suneel. just the last part is a bit confusing, how do you maintain the linkage?

SE12
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

When you display the purchaser assignments, you should see the pgrp in the top right hand pane. If you right click on this pgrp and then select Create, a new position will be created for you.

Kind regards,

Siobhan

Former Member
0 Kudos

i've affected the purchaser to PGROUP1 and PGROUP2. However PGROUP1 and PGROUP2 are not associated to the same Purchase organisation. Does this prevent the user from creating SCs in PGROUP2?

SE12
Active Participant
0 Kudos

No this shouldn't be a problem. Please go ahead and test it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

nope still not working. if i've correctly understood the purchaser assignment permits to buy for another purch grp.(situated in another purch. org in this case) without displacing the user.

Purch ORG A -

PURCH GRP1 - USER1

Purch ORG B -

PURCH GRP2

So in the initial scenario, i have 2 purch grps.the user is initially affected to PURCH GRP1. I right click on PURCH GRP2 and view purchaser assignments.There, i create a new user. I give it the same name as user1.

Purch ORG A -

PURCH GRP1 - USER1

Purch ORG B -

PURCH GRP2-- USER1(Purchaser)

When i try to create my shopping cart using USER1, i only have PURCH GRP1 displayed. Is there any additional steps needed? thanks.

SE12
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you please try to maintain the user by right clicking on the purchasing group and then using the 'Assign' option instead of the 'Create' option, and then use the search help to find the user.

If this still does not work then please let me know your release and patch level.

Kind regards,

Siobhan

Former Member
0 Kudos

tried both ways..still nothing.

SRM SERVER 550 SP SAPKIBK010

SE12
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Do you have maintained in the Responsiblity Tab of both Purchasing Groups, the 'organizational responsibility' i.e. org units that each of the purchasers belongs to?

Kind regards,

Siobhan

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes. both purch. grps are assigned to their respective purch. org in responsibility tab.

SE12
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

The u2018Is Purchaser ofu2019 functionality is not used in the SC creation process (i.e. itu2019s irrelevant for SC requesters and SC items). Only the u2018responsibility tabu2019 in PPOMA_BBP is relevant for the shopping cart.

The u2018Is Purchaser ofu2019 is used to assign purchasers to a default purchasing group: It is e.g. used as a purchasing group when the purchaser creates a new PO.

I hope that this helps to clarify how the system works.

Kind regards,

Siobhan