cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IdM user gets java.lang.NullPointerException when logging on...

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have somehow managed to set something on my IdM user which causes the following exception, when I try to logon:

The initial exception that caused the request to fail, was:

java.lang.NullPointerException

at com.sap.idm.wd.jmx.SAP_ITSAM_IDM_GenericResult$Impl.getKeyValuePairs(SAP_ITSAM_IDM_GenericResult.java:233)

at com.sap.idm.wd.wf.util.ConstantsAndUtilities.idmGenericResultToMap(ConstantsAndUtilities.java:1776)

at com.sap.idm.wd.wf.report.ReportsComp.getFileContent(ReportsComp.java:413)

at com.sap.idm.wd.wf.report.ReportsComp.getReportOnDemandInputStream(ReportsComp.java:340)

at com.sap.idm.wd.wf.report.wdp.InternalReportsComp.getReportOnDemandInputStream(InternalReportsComp.java:197)

One fix is of course to delete my user and recreate it, but I would like to know if there are any other ways to fix the problem? Have any of you experienced something similar?

Best regards,

Anders

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello again,

Problem has been fixed in SP4 patch 1. Now we can execute Jasper Reports and view them afterwards.

Best regards,

Anders

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anders,

I am facing the simillar issue here . I am using crystal reports which are getting generated successfully.However , but the user is getting this exception whenever i try to login or view the report. I am using Crystal Reports 2008 with SAP IDM 7.1 SP3. Can you please guide me , to resolve the same.

Error Details :

The initial exception that caused the request to fail, was:

java.lang.NullPointerException

at com.sap.idm.wd.jmx.SAP_ITSAM_IDM_GenericResult$Impl.getKeyValuePairs(SAP_ITSAM_IDM_GenericResult.java:233)

at com.sap.idm.wd.wf.util.ConstantsAndUtilities.idmGenericResultToMap(ConstantsAndUtilities.java:1776)

at com.sap.idm.wd.wf.report.ReportsComp.getFileContent(ReportsComp.java:413)

at com.sap.idm.wd.wf.report.ReportsComp.getReportOnDemandInputStream(ReportsComp.java:340)

at com.sap.idm.wd.wf.report.wdp.InternalReportsComp.getReportOnDemandInputStream(InternalReportsComp.java:197)

... 89 more

PS: Need help over where to find the SP 4 , patch 1 .

Thanks in advance

Swati Pandey

Edited by: swaeyy on Apr 1, 2010 8:14 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anders,

I have applied the SP4 patch , we are able to generate and view the reports . The post was very helpfull.

Thanks

Swati Pandey