Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOIO acress two interfaces

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts

I have a somewhat tricky requirement:

Scenario is (ERP) proxy -> PI -> JMS. I'm sending somewhat large number og messages this way using EOIO.

My requirement is that i need to send a "end of transmission" message, when the program has finished in SAP.

The tricky part is that we have several clients (business systems) on the sap ERP systems. They all have to be finished before we can send and end on transmission (the end of transmission is sent once for the whole business system). I can easily wait sending end of transmission untill all the data transmissions is done sending to PI (we have a tool for this). The problem is that i need to ensure that the end of file transmission doesn't overtake the data on its way to JMS (data and end of transmission needs to go a different MQ queue than data).

So i basically need EOIO across two interfaces... How is this achived?

KR Martin

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member206760
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Martin,

you can have one receiver system...

2 receiver inbound interfaces..2 interface mappings....2 message mappings...

in the interface determination ...

specify both the mappings first the mapping which contains the data and second the end of transmission....

also tick the maintain order at runtime checkbox in the interface determination...so that the data will be generated first then only the end of transmission message will go..

obviously you will have 2 differet receiver agreeemnts with 2 different communication channels..one channel for data and one for end of transmission

Edited by: Tarang Shah on Feb 25, 2010 1:26 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Tarang Shah

I belive you solved my problem - thank you

When provoking error in integration engine with the datamessage (error en receive determinatio) the trigger message goes to hold. when provoking error in JMS adapter (i.e. wrong queue name) the trigger message goes to hold.

Beautifull!

Thx!

KR Martin

former_member206760
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Glad that it helped

Answers (0)