Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Copy key figure values in the past period - Using macro job

former_member721730
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

As per the dataview config past period is blocked for input (Jan 2009 to Jan 2010). I am trying to copy one keyfigure value to another in the past period using the macro. When I run the macro in the planning book it showing the copied values in the target keyfigure. However If I ran the same through background job copied values not saved in the target key figure.

I know It is possible to copy the key figure using the /SAPAPO/TSCOPY Transaction.

Questions:

By using macro job, Is it not possible to copy the values in the non-editable keyfigure (like past periods blocked for input).

If possible, what is the process to copy the values (without making the past period allowed for input).

Thanks,

Saravanan V

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member721730
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

This is copy the historical data (shipment) to another key figure. Past period has been closed to not allow the user enter any values.

The target key figure's past period is not used in the start/default macro. However target KF used for only one column of future period to make the column not editable.

I tried with the background job when the planning book closed to avoid any data lock. Still the values are not copied to target KF.

Please suggest and let me know if any more information.

Thanks,

Saravanan V

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I believe the macro runs at detail level. Please check the aggregation level in the job if it is also running at detail level.

regards,

biplab

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Saravanan,

The KF should get populated as you run background job. However, is the KF you are copying from a derived KF which is triggered by Default / Start macros (not static data)? In this case, the KF which is to be copied is populated only when the planning book is opened. You have to write the same macro function to populate your target KF in this case to do the same job without opening the planning book.

Please give extra information about the KFs, if the above is not the case.

regards,

biplab