cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smartform getting cut at the edges while printing (Letter format)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

We have designed the smartform (let's say Form 1) on the Letter format.

We are facing the strange problem, while printing of this form. When we see the print preview of this form and convert it into the pdf (through RSTXPDFT4) we can see the layout correctly with all the data perfectly fitting into it.

But when we actually print this form on our letter printers then the form is getting cut from the edges (especially on the right hand side) and the margins maintained in the smartforms are not taken into consideration

The most strange thing is, we had another form (Form 2) which had vis-a-vis same dimensions as form 1 but in this form we are not facing any cutting issue while printing on the same letter printers.

We already checked the output options and print parameters options, but they are same for both the forms ..

Please provide us with your feedback as it would be very valuable for us to solve this issue.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Same issue i resolved .

This is purely depends on the printer only (Your administrator will set the pae settings)

Check the printers settigs what your configued in the SAP

In printer settings check the page format measurements (increase the width in page format that is assigned in the configured printer)

Let me know if any concerns ........

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Rediez,

Thanks for your reply.

But can you confirm one thing, that if it is a printer setting problem, then is it possible that the one form with the same dimension is getting printed correctly, but for the other form with same dimension is not getting printed correctly on the same printer ?

In short my question is , does the behaviour of the printer differ even though the form have the same dimensions ..

Kindly help. Your feedback would be really useful.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

exactly printer settings problem. Ask your administrator to resolve your issue (For that they new page format )

That will not happen i mean one page getting correct and other page not correct .

Let me know if any concerns.......

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply.

But we have informed the respective team to check the printer settings but they say that they cannot change the printer settings as it is working fine for other forms. However if we have more details like the transaction and the place where we should make the changes in SAP for printer settings, then definately we can suggest them and try to convince them

Can we have any alternate solution to this problem ..Reducing window size is not advisable since this might lead to the regression issue in future.

Kindly suggest.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can u tell me which page format your using for this form .

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

We are using the letter format (215 mm * 279 mm) for printing our forms.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

Please provide your inputs..

We are badly stuck on this and need to resolve this problem ASAP..

Thanks in advance..

Edited by: Rinkesh Doshi on Feb 26, 2010 2:15 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Closing the thread