cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Block device synchronization based on outboud queue size.

former_member185875
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi mi guys..

I have a requirement in DOE.

In that i need to restrict (block) the users to sync based on the outbound queues size(Ex: if device outbound queue > 2 mb ).

is there any configuration available in DOE Admin Portal ?

otherwise ,is there any alternative for my requirement?

Regards

lakshman balanagu.

Edited by: lakshman balanagu on Feb 25, 2010 11:41 AM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Just trying to understand your requirement..if outbound queue size exceeds a threshold, ideally devices have to sync to get these data..why to block devices from synching.

We have a configuration for not extracting more data to the device outbound queue if the outbound queue size for a device exceeds a threshold..the idea here is to notify administrator about devices those have not synced for some days for example.

But nothing to stop devices from synching..

Regards,

Liji

former_member185875
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Liji,

it my misunderstanding scenario .

can we get the device outbound queue size?

Regards,

Lakshman balanagu.

0 Kudos

Hi,

In device administration page, whenever you search for a device and go to "View outbound queue details" then you can get the size of the outbound queue size in the field "Queue size".

Is that what you are asking? If you can explain your requirement in detail then it will help us to suggest you better.

Thanks, Dharani

former_member185875
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Dharani,

I need data size in outbound queue for all devices(which are registered and enable ).

not for one device.

is there any table exist in doe?

Regards,

lakshman balanagu.

Edited by: lakshman balanagu on Feb 25, 2010 6:09 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

are you using MI 7.1?

0 Kudos

Hi Lakshman,

Which client are you making use of? Are you using standard mobile client or a custom client. How are you planning to stop the devices from syncing after you get the queue size for all the devices. Ideal situation would be stop the device queue from being filled up (depending upon your queue size requirement). For example if you do not want any devices to sync 2MB of data in one sync cycle then maintain a threshold value of 1.8 MB. Maintaining a threshold of 1.8MB means that once the device queue reaches that size, all the data extracts for that device will be stopped and outbound queue will not be filled with more data.

Thanks, Dharani

former_member185875
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Dharani,

sorry, i miss understand the scenario, Not blocking sync skip the download messages.

Actually my requirement is, if the data size in outbound queue high(When we done full recovery)

then the offline process in the custom client ( windows ,palm ) take lot of time.

sometimes offline process got stuck.

For that we have implement a concept called 'Get data'

Get data: we have implement a .net web application. it will get the data from the outbound queue and prepair database(.sda file windows, .xxx for plan) then we put the database file in ftp. Then user can download the data base file and put it in the client device.

so if the data size in outbound queue of device is high.

we are planed to skip the "calling MMW_GET_MESSAGES in SICF service (sync service)" and display mesage like"Please contact administrator/ do get data".

so before calling "MMW_GET_MESSAGES". i want to check the data size in the outbound queue.

and my client need a Report in doe which shows all devices outbound queue details 
(data size in the outbound queues).

Regards

lakshman balanagu.

0 Kudos

Hi Lakshman,

Thanks for the detailed explanation. You can make use of the function module SMMW_LDQ_MONITORING in order to get the size of the data in the outbound queues. But one point of caution is that it is not a published API and hence it is subject to change.

Thanks, Dharani

former_member185875
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Dharani,

Thanks for your replay..

I have taken a device in quality system and I have cross checked output of fm SMMW_LDQ_MONITORING with doe admin portal. both showing different result.

FM: SMMW_LDQ_MONITORING

input:

QNAME: MMW_Q_000000000000000244

output: NO_OF_UNITS_ON_QUEUE 3,678

NO_OF_READ 0

NO_OF_UNREAD 3,678

TOTAL_SIZE_OF_MESSAGES 1,338

MESSAGE_ID_OF_FIRST_UNIT 8,466

In portal:

Queue size(bytes ) : 1,487,367

please check it once.

Regards

lakshman balanagu.

Edited by: lakshman balanagu on Mar 2, 2010 1:00 PM

0 Kudos

Hi Lakshman,

As an alternative you can use IF_LDQ_MONITOR~GET_QUEUE_DETAILS method from the class CL_LDQ_MONITOR in order to get the exact size of the device outbound queues. You can instantiate the class and invoke the method by passing

'MMW_APP' as the ldq_app_name and the required device queue name.

You will get the outbound queue size in the WRITTEN_UNITS_VOL parameter.

Thanks, Dharani

Answers (0)