cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MESSAGE MAPPINGS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am working on IDOC XI File Scenario,I didn't mapped all the segments of the SOURCE IDOC with TARGET message type.

I am getting a runtime exception in MESSAGE MAPPINGS.

So is it necessary to map all the SEGMENTS of the IDOC with TARGET message type though no value is available for the TARGET message type?

If so,then do I have to use the NODE FUNCTIONS mapping in the MESSAGE MAPPINGS?

I appreciate your help for the reply.

Thank you.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I solved the problem by giving the occurences as 0...1 in the TARGET MESSAGE TYPE.

The IDOC is successfully posted but I don't see the PAYLOADS in the XML message.

In the XI configuration of FILE ADAPTER I gave the directory of my PC to save the FILE that is been created as I am testing this scenario.

But I don't see any file creation though the message shows <b>successful XML message</b>.

What could be the reason for this?

Thank you,

Joslyn.

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Are you using Content conversion?

if so check is there any error ?

For this go to RWB->Message Monitoring->Audit log..

It will give the details.

Also check- /people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/05/10/xi-i-cannot-see-some-of-my-messages-in-the-sxmbmoni

Regards,

Moorthy

Message was edited by: Krishna Moorthy P

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Moorthy,

I am getting this error in the RWB,

<b>Transmitting the message to endpoint http://SANDBOX:xxxxx/sap/xi/engine?type=entry using connection AFW failed, due to: Received HTTP response code 404..</b>

Can you please help me with this.....

Thank you,

Joslyn.

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think it is a problem with Cache refresh. SO go to SXI_CACHE and try to refresh the mapping.

Also check this

Regards,

Moorthy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Moorthy,

The problem is solved with no errors now.

I really appreciate your help.

But I don't see the message in my Directory.

Thank you,

Joslyn.

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Joslyn,

Good to know this.

<i>But I don't see the message in my Directory</i>.

>>>Are you talking about Target File directory ? are u not able to get the file in the target directory ?

If so

1) Check the Reciever Adapter Montioring

2) Message Monitoring

3) Check file Adapter configuration is correct , i.e IP address,Directory name, Permissions etc

4) Check Content conversion if you have ..

Regards,

Moorthy

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Joslyn,

The error means that a mandatory target field could not be produced at runtime. I assume that you mapping is well-defined. So in your case you probably have mapped a non-mandatory field (which was not filled at runtime) to a mandatory field (which could not be produced).

The easiest way to resolve thet problem is to use the "mapWithDefault" function to provide a default value in case your source field is not filled.

Best regards

Joachim

former_member187339
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Refer this weblog:

/people/suraj.sr/blog/2005/12/29/generate-test-case-for-an-idoc-scenario

Regards

Suraj

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Joslyn,

Runtime exception may because of many reasons-

1) Your target xml is not correct..or mapping is unable to convert into required target strcutre

2) If you use any user defined functions, then it may give exceptions..

<i>So is it necessary to map all the SEGMENTS of the IDOC with TARGET message type though no value is available for the TARGET message type?</i>

>>.It is not required. But if your target structure is mandataory(1..1 occurence) then it will throw error

First try to test your mapping by providing input data from SXMB_MONI and test the mapping..

Hope this helps,

regards,

Moorthy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Moorthy,

Can you tell me how I can test the mapping from SXMB_MONI ?

Actually I tested the mapping in the Integration Repository of XI and working fine.

Thank you,

Joslyn.

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Refer this blog from Michal-

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/09/16/xi-how-to-test-your-mapping-in-real-life-scenarios

Regards,

Moorthy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Moorthy,

I am getting the below error when I tested the mappings.

<b>"Cannot produce target element /ns:MT_CUST01/CUSTNUMBER. Check xml instance is valid for source xsd and target-field mapping fulfills requirements of target xsd".</b>

As I am new to XI I cannot able to understand what mistake I have done in the MAPPINGS.

I appreciate your help if you can help me.

Thank you,

Joslyn.

former_member187339
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check your mapping for CUSTNUMBER... What is its occurence? If its 1 to unbounded then you have to map.

Regards

Suraj

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check is the CUSTNUMBER field is mapped correctly ..

Also make sure that given input is valid xml structure. For this you can save the data xml file as.xml file and open it in a browser. So that you can find the valid xml part.

Also go to Target Structure->View Source (after getting this error in Repository) and check where exactly it is failing.

I think , you did not map the some of the nodes in the target structure...correctly..Check it..

Regards,

Moorthy