cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Settlement Run on Higher Level WBS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

Scenarios is that I need to run settlement on 2nd Level WBSE where I have assigned asset class but my activities are linked on 3rd OR 4th Level WBS Elements due to the requirement of detailed level project planning. Cost is posted against lower level WBS Elements and settlement is to be run on higher level WBS Element.

Can I roll up the cost from lower level WBS to Higher level WBS so that settlement can be run against the asset class assigned with higher level WBS Element

Please advise. Thanking you in anticipation...

Warm Regards

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can perform this kind of settlement in two ways based on different conditions:

1. If there is only one asset to be created from project, then instead of hierarchical settlement you can use the line item settlement to the same asset maintained in the settlement rule of superior WBS, by using settlement strategy as in customization as ( Settlement rule generation: account assignment category........4) Copy rule from superior object. So that settlement of all the object will be done to the same asset.

2. Otherwise, if you want to have the settlment to the same asset of your project structure in hierarchy, then you can use SAP note number 211324, to have Settlement rule generation: account assignment category as 05 (Superior WBS element), in the customization of settlement strategy.

I hope this should help you.

Regards

Avisek Bhardwaj