cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

what's difference between ECC IDES and Retail IDES?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I downloaded retail ides sr2 and ecc ides sr3 from sap.com, and I wanted to install my laptop.

I'm confused for the 2 versions. Who will tell me the difference?

Many thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member524429
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm confused for the 2 versions. Who will tell me the difference?

SR2 ?? SR3 ??

SAP Retail and SAP ECC ,both are having different core component and are bundled with different Solutions.

[SAP Retail |http://www.sap.com/sme/whysap/industries/retail/index.epx]is industry specific solution. Supply chain management is the key feature of SAP Retail Solution.

SAP ECC (ERP) contains various key modules of ERP industry like Finance, MM, QM, PM, SD, Logistic, etc. etc.

SR2, SR3 are denoting Service Release levels with respect to the Solution Category.

SR3 is more up to date than the SR2 and it will require less patching when the installation is done with SR3 level.

SR2 can be deployed on 32 and 64 bit platform (All Instances), where as SR3 can obly be deployed on 64 bit platforms (Only Dialogue Instance can be installed on 32 bit Platform).

Regards,

Bhavik G. Shroff

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

IDES Retail is a subset of ECC IDES.

It's better to install ECC IDES & activate the Retail functionality via SFW5.

If you install Retail SR2, you'll be able to use the Retail functionality exclusively..however, since its SR2; applying support packs will be a headache (IDES SP application will drive you crazy with SPAU/SPDD).

Thanks,

Saba.