cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PS with WBS,network and activity

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello PS Experts,

If we activated milestone billing in project, we need to create WBS,network and then milestone under the network. This is purely for PS-SD milestone billing req.

So, for the rest of the WBS element, is it MANDATORY to have the network and activity???

Since there is no req to have this functionalities...

My concern is, if we need to create network n activity under WBS for the whole proj structure ( since milestone bililing req is to set the milestone under network n WBS).....

all the postings via FI n MM will require to enter network n activity instead of WBS and at month end network settlement has to be done before WBS/proj settlement...

Appreciate your kind help.

Thanks a lot.

Kind regards,

Yuzeila

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can have milestone to be attached to the WBS also, like the way you attach milestones to the network activity, in that case if not required, you wouldn't have to create network activity as well. Then, by calling that billing WBS element in sale order, you call up that milestone in that sale order.

Secondly, you can also use the functionality of maintaining billing planning on WBS which can be copieed in sale order as well with reference to that WBS.

Lastly, even if you create network activity, it is not mandatory to route your all MM- FI processes through network activity ( as it is all dependent on business requirement to use network activity or not). by using this network activity you get some extra benefit of schedulling, confirmation along with managing Procurment process through network activity.

I hope this should help you.

Regards

Avisek Bhardwaj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Avisek Bhardwaj,

I have some queries on some of your statement...

1. "Secondly, you can also use the functionality of maintaining billing planning on WBS which can be copieed in sale order as well with reference to that WBS."

Can i know how this functionalities can be set and then used? I totally no idea about this..

Appreciate if you could share some info regarding this.

2. " by using this network activity you get some extra benefit of schedulling, confirmation along with managing Procurment process through network activity.

How the schedulling process and how it works. What is the settings in order to make it happen? Would appreciate if you can share some tips.

Thanks alot!.

Yuzeila

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you want to create milestone for only billing purpose,

then you can create at WBS level as well as for newtwork activity Level.

Q-"So, for the rest of the WBS element, is it MANDATORY to have the network and activity??? "

A-No its not manadatory

During Billing, the posting will happen only at the WBS assigned to the sales document.

It will not be posted to Network activity.

So during settlement you have to settle from WBS level.

ashis