cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Back to Back BG Jobs

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Friends,

We have a requirement where 2 programs have to be executed back 2 back i.e. 2nd program should be started immediately after the 1st one gets finished.

(1st job scheduled for every 30 mins)

We have tried this thru SM36 where during scheduling of 2nd job, the 1st one can be mentioned in the provision available for "After Job".

What we have noticed is that when the preceding jobs executes for first time, the 2nd one starts automatically, but this doesnt happen when the preceding jobs run for the next intervals (after every 30 mins). The 2nd job does not get called.

Please suggest how this can be sorted out.

Regards,

Dhananjay

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Issue closed since no answer

Former Member
0 Kudos

>

> Issue closed since no answer

Then what is that which Anirudh posted? Did Anirudh try to sell shoes to you or a second hand car?

Please close your threads and follow up on them in a more respectfull way.

Cheers,

Julius

Former Member
0 Kudos

The reply to my query has been tried earlier & does not seem to be working. Anyways thanks for all those who have answered.

Apologies for hurriedly closing the thread.

Dhananjay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for following up.

Did you try using an event in your first program, which releases the second job?

Cheers,

Julius

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

You can maintain both the programs in single job one below the other.

So everytime when the job runs, SL No 1 program will run first & then SL 2 program.

thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your quick response.

Can you please elucidate further, what transaction i should we should be using..etc.

Regards,

Dhananjay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

T code - SM36

Maintain one job name e.g. TEST

Click on Step

In the ABAP Program Screen - enter the first program name & variant.

Then check & save.

Upon saving - it will take you to Step list overview - this will display your first program.

Now click on Create icon.

It will take you to step 2 screen.

Maintain second program & variant

Check & save.

This way in step list overview screen - you will see both the programs one below the other.

i hope it is clear to you

thank you

Anirudh