cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adobe subform --Structure repeated

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have scenario to display the references in application form.

ex : reference :

Manager name : Phone :

Company name:

Email ID :

Title :

The above steps to be repeated in my form given number of times..let say I want 2 times..

Form output should be :

Manager name : A Phone:123

Company name: B

Email ID :c

Title : D

Manager name : E Phone: 456

Company name: F

Email ID :G

Title : H

Like that depends on number of records.

I want to know the approach..How can I proceed..

Thanks

Ram

Edited by: Ramesh ram on Feb 25, 2010 4:49 AM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

OttoGold
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

OttoGold
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Look for "allow page breaks within content" and set that true (tab object for subform). also play with the auto-fit (tab Layout).

Glad to help, Otto

OttoGold
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You never need to bind two structures to a single subform. If you need such a thing, then you need to bind their parent first. It is all XML based, so think about it the way you are working with the XML hierarchy. Only one level at the time.

Otto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Otto,

It is working thanks a lot..but it is appearing to only one page not flowing to other page..

Thanks

Ram

OttoGold
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If I understand correctly, you did that right:

- parent (table)

-- line

--- field1

--- field2 etc.

Now you need to check "repeat for each data item" for the "line" subform.

Content flowed: top to bottom for the parent subform and maintain the binding accordingly.

That should do it, Otto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok..But I have two structure to be binded in single line..Dragged some fields from those two structures and dropped it in subform..How can I do the binding two those structure with DATA* ..

Let say Name is coming from ST1 and email and Phone number coming from another structure ST2..Drag all of them in one subform..Now created the parent subform..Wrap child subform and selected repeat data in each item..Now If I do the binding with DATA for the bodysubform, It is appearing two structure ST1, ST2 but no structure arrow mark..

Thanks

Ram

Edited by: Ramesh ram on Feb 25, 2010 5:15 PM

OttoGold
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I don´t understand. Ask one question at a time:)) Or draw it for me, or describe it in a greater detail.

Do you have any knowledge about how this binding thing works? Can you maintain the binding and this is only a formatting issue? Regards, Otto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry for the confusion.. I will create one subform1 with those fields. Created another parent subform and wrap the subform1 to parent subform. Then do the binding between Parent subform to the context field. Is this the way you asked me to do it right..

Name : PH: I have created this structure in a subform in bodypages.

email:

I need to get the structure like this

Name : A ph :1

email : B

Name C ph : 2

email : d

Name : E ph : 2

email : f

Thanks

Ram

OttoGold
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

the proper approach: open the Adobe forms blog category and read some of the relevant posts on this topic. This has been described there in a great detail. You will understand what to do and WHY (what I think is especially important).

the fast approach: when in the form design, navigate from hierarchy tab to the data view tab, use drag and drop, drop the root node of your repeating structure on the form layout. All fields and binding is generated automatically.

the guessing approach: create a subform with fields, arrange the fields, that means you have the row subform. Wrap this subform in a new one (parent):

- the parent bind to the table name from context

- the line subform bind to DATA[*]

- bind fields to the fields name from context, ...Done

Regards, Otto

Former Member
0 Kudos

First we have to arrange them in one subform1 in a bodypage..The create a new parent subform and wrap subform1 to this. parent to be binded.

Here is the important one is this is not in table..we have two different structure..Dragged the fields from the those two structure and formed the subform1. Fields are located in one by one order not like table. Do I need to create one mian subform inside another subform?. Parent subform binded to the table?.two different structure fields are coming from..so I need to bind it to the fields?.

Thanks

Ram

chintan_virani
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You need to use Repeating Subforms for this. Refer ALD help for more details.