cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PageHeader UI Element in WebDynPro ABAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are not using SAP Portal and want to make modifications to the e-recruiting webdynpro applications.

We want to change the color and font size/ type of the pageheader UI element in ABAP WebDynpro.

The eclipse theme editor does not show the PageHeader element. Hence there is no possibility of that being changed in the eclipse theme editor.

Is there any other way we can do it? Has anyone found a solution to this issue? I've searched SDN but could not find anything that can point me to the solution.

Need your expert advise as soon as possible.

Regards,

Sanjiv Tyagi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

romanweise
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sanjiv,

I do not have all relevant ui elements in my mind but depending on your basis release and sp stack level not all web dynpro elements can be changed using the eclipse editor. As sap did not maintain the editor for a while the only solution we found is editing the css files by hand after exporting them from eclipse and befor uploading into sap. This is a very slow and frustrating way and every sp needs other changes. But so far we did not find any better solution.

I hope things get better with the new eclipse version for EhP4.

Best Regards

Roman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your response, Roman and everyone!

Roman, can you give me an idea as to which CSS files would need to be changed in order to accomplish what we want to do.

Also, I see CSS files all over the place in a theme. Where should one be changing things?

If you can point me to some information as to what do these CSS files in different folders within a theme mean, it would be a great help.

Looking forward to your always helpful answers!

Thanks,

Sanjiv

Former Member
0 Kudos

Roman,

Any thoughts on what css files need to be changed?

I see close to 500 CSS files in the theme. I hope we do not have to make change in all or even majority of them.

Thanks,

Sanjiv

Former Member
0 Kudos

Any suggstions please ? I'm still sailing in the same boat...

Thanks,

Sanjiv

romanweise
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Sanjiv,

could you give me the the E-Recruiting and Basis / ABA versions of your server (release and SP level). I'll try to check if I have a matching project where I can look for the file you have to change.

Best Regards

Roman

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Roman,

Sorry for the late response. Here are the details that you wished to know.

-

Software Component..........Release..........Level..........Heighest Support Package

-

SAP_ABA............................700.................0020..........SAPKA70020

SAP_BASIS..........................700................0020..........SAPKB70020

ERECRUIT..............................603...............0005..........SAPK-60305INERECRUIT

-

Let me know if you could find something.

Thanks,

Sanjiv

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sanjiv,

I assume you are planning to change one of the standard E-rec WD ABAP screen.

You can change it if you have the developer access key (provided by SAP) to change the standard screens.

This change is not suggested as it will affect other users also.

I would suggest that you create a copy of that application and customize that and replace the standard screen with the customized one.

This is as per my understanding.

I hope it helps.

Regards,

Sumit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well, thanks for your reply, Sumit!

But there is no place to change any of these properties that I mentioned in the Page Header UI element. If you'd try using this element you'll see that there is nothing that one can do under the properties section for this element.

So is there any other way to accomplish what I want to do?

Thanks,

Sanjiv

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sanjiv,

I apologise for not understanding your problem properly.

So, this Page Header component is in standard screen?

If not then why dont you use any other UI element to solve your purpose.

Even if it is standard you can create a Z for it and do that.

I request you to elaborate on your actual requirement if you can.

Regards,

Sumit