cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RF Hanheld, SAPConsole and Chinese lang

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have SAP 4.6C , support package lvl - 2253 and major user are set up for english language. Some of our asian locations want to implement RF device in plants for material GR and GI through SAPConsole (do not want to implemet WebConsole or ITS Mobile). Their RF device's frot end will be in chinese.

Is there a way that in SAP side, I can design the screens in english and those screen get transferred to RF device and display in chinese or any other language except english.

I'll appriciate quick help.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member316351
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

There are two Chinese codepages. Please clarify if you want Traditional Chinese or Simplified Chinese.

You will need to make sure the console window can display the Chinese language first, to do so please open the cmd window then type chcp for the current codepage, then you can change it to what you want.

Then change the codepage in the SAPConsole Administrator window.

Edgar

Former Member
0 Kudos

in better format

Edited by: PSAPSCMK on Feb 25, 2010 4:11 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for your quick reply, Edgar. I am at the very intial stage of process and kind of a trying to design the process that hoow it will work.

As per your suggestiuon, I ran windows>start>run>cmd-> chcp and got Active Code Page:437 for my user id ( looks like it's windows setting).

We will have RF devices in Korean, simplified and traditional chinese.

It means that I have to create 3 profiles in console admin window and assign following code pages with selection of radio button OEM Code Page:

6230 SAP Asian Unification (SJIS1+ Traditional Chinese)

6240 SAP Asian Unification (SJIS1 + simplified Chinese)

6250 SAP Asian Unification (SJIS1 + Korean)

Code page details in table TCP00

Character set 6250

Manufacturer SAP

Ch. set family 4

Byte indicator 3

Extension meth. 2

Code page ID 6250

Name SAP Asian Unification (SJIS1 + K

Version 0

extended 6200

developed from 0

NLS reference 36

NLS variant 0

Memory space 0

Include (CPINCLUDE1) 0 Include (CPINCLUDE2) 0 Include (CPINCLUDE3) 0 Include (CPINCLUDE4) 0 System code page X Output code page GUI code page Tool code page - Part code page - Superimposed chars

Questions:

(1)If these are not the correct codes, can you give me correct numbers?

(2) So when I will design screens in english in R/3 system, does console will automatiocally translate into the language as per assigned code page in profile and vice-versa?

(3) How this console process will work in a situation, for example, korean and chinese location are doing GR for same material at same time. (4) Do I need to go for WebSAPConsole or ITS Mobile?

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can develop your RF screens/transaction in english language.

Then you have to translate the screen elements, text fields etc visible on the RF screens from English to any required language.

You would also have to translate your message class from EN to desired language.

There are certain precautions you have to take when designing for Asian languages - this is because asian characters are double byte and can occupy twice the space than english character on a Mobile computer.

SAP console will display the asian language on the terminal as long as the Code page is setup on SAPConsole administrator and the Terminal is setup to display the asian language.

No need to go for WebSAPConsole or ITSMobile

SAP language codes can be found at: Link: http://help.sap.com/saphelp_45b/helpdata/en/32/1166f1f97811d1801d00c04fadbf76/frameset.htm

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for your help guys.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi There,

I am trying to do a similar thing with setting up RF via SAPConsole Administrator (with a server to route the traffic), but want to display the development in Greek Language.

Logging into the standard GUI in Language EL gets me the Greek Characters.

When I go through SAP console it doesn't display them in Greek, I've looked to implement a codepage reference on the SAPConsole Administrator of 1700 as per the SAP Codepage links in the above, BUT I don't get 1700 on the drop down list, lots of others, but not the Greek ones.

I can set the codepage on the machine to Greek (1253) and it works fine with windows, but not SAPConsole.

Is there some kind of codepage pack that can be downloaded an installed to extend the SAPGUI installation specifically for SAPConsole Administrator?

P.S.- ITS and WebConsole are not options for us I am afraid.