cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Runtime issue on Linux(Working on Windows)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I'm working on a peace of code that generates crystal report programatically. That peace of code is working perfectly in my local environment, which is windows, Apache tomact. But when I deploy it to our development server(Linux, JBOSS) it is throwing a run time exception.

2010-02-24 15:08:17,538 http-10.174.17.244-8080-2 ERROR com.businessobjects.reports.sdk.JRCCommunicationAdapter Âu2013 detected an exception: java.lang.NullPointerException

at com.crystaldecisions.reports.common.PrinterSettings.int(SourceFile:1505)

at com.crystaldecisions.reports.common.Printer.long(SourceFile:309)

at com.crystaldecisions.reports.formatter.formatter.encapsulation.c.void(SourceFile:388)

at com.crystaldecisions.reports.formatter.formatter.encapsulation.c.d(SourceFile:316)

at com.crystaldecisions.reports.formatter.formatter.encapsulation.c.j(SourceFile:135)

at com.businessobjects.reports.sdk.requesthandler.ReportViewingRequestHandler.a(SourceFile:1154)

at com.businessobjects.reports.sdk.requesthandler.ReportViewingRequestHandler.byte(SourceFile:220)

at com.businessobjects.reports.sdk.JRCCommunicationAdapter.do(SourceFile:1907)

I have debugged the code and this exception is not throwed during the program execution. It happens when the viewer try to show the programatically generated ReportClientDocument using a 'CrystalReportViewer"

Code: viewer.processHttpRequest(request, response, getServletConfig().getServletContext(), pageContext.getOut());

I could send any other code, that you think would help analyze the problem better. Any help would be highly appreciated.

Thanks & Regards,

Anil

Edited by: anilchowdaryk on Feb 25, 2010 6:09 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Earlier I though it was a problem of deploying it on a JBOSS server. But I tried to run the same WAR in my local on a JBOSS server and it worked fine. So I deployed the WAR on a different Dev sever we have in our company. Which is a LINUX box(similar to the one I described in my main question), and I have got the same error.

So I concluded that it is not the problem with JBOSS, but with the OS, i.e LINUX. The code is working on windows, but not on Linux. Can anybody tell me, if the crystal report environment is partially dependent on windows?

Appreciate your time.

-Anil

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have solved the issue. For some reason the paper orientation code is throwing some error on Linux environment.

Code:

boReportClientDocument.getPrintOutputController().modifyPaperOrientation(PaperOrientation.landscape);

I have commented out the above line and the rest of the code working just fine. I need to find some alternative approach to increase the width of the layout. Thanks for your time.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm also getting "ERROR JRCCommunicationAdapter" error on Jboss server which is running on linux box but works fine on local windows Jboss server.

Getting exception at

ByteArrayInputStream byteArrayInputStream = (ByteArrayInputStream) clientDoc.getPrintOutputController().export(ReportExportFormat.PDF);

Exception stacktrace:

20160615-085300 [3:8169-3]  INFO PageFormatter.formatPage - Page 1 formatted.

20160615-085300 [3:8169-3]  INFO LoggerServiceProvider.logInfo - FCM: modelling contents

20160615-085301 [3:8169-3]  WARN LoggerServiceProvider.logWarning - PDFExporter: PdfExporter: Error formatting text; skipping.

20160615-085301 [3:8169-3] ERROR JRCCommunicationAdapter.if -  detected an exception: java.lang.NullPointerException

at com.crystaldecisions.reports.exporters.format.page.pdf.fontembedding.opentype.OpenTypeFontManager.a(SourceFile:384)

at com.crystaldecisions.reports.exporters.format.page.pdf.fontembedding.opentype.OpenTypeFontManager.do(SourceFile:259)

at com.crystaldecisions.reports.exporters.format.page.pdf.fontembedding.opentype.OpenTypeFontManager.if(SourceFile:77)

at com.crystaldecisions.reports.exporters.format.page.pdf.fontembedding.FontEmbeddingSession.if(SourceFile:113)

at com.crystaldecisions.reports.exporters.format.page.pdf.fontembedding.FontEmbeddingSession.a(SourceFile:104)

at com.crystaldecisions.reports.exporters.format.page.pdf.pdflib.r.if(SourceFile:594)

at com.crystaldecisions.reports.exporters.format.page.pdf.pdflib.r.a(SourceFile:424)

at com.crystaldecisions.reports.exporters.format.page.pdf.pdflib.PdfDocumentManager.a(SourceFile:337)

at com.crystaldecisions.reports.exporters.format.page.pdf.dom.a.a(SourceFile:1584)

at com.crystaldecisions.reports.exporters.format.page.pdf.dom.a.a(SourceFile:1492)

at com.crystaldecisions.reports.exporters.format.page.pdf.dom.a.a(SourceFile:780)

at com.crystaldecisions.reports.exporters.format.page.pdf.dom.a.a(SourceFile:729)

at com.crystaldecisions.reports.exporters.format.page.pdf.dom.a.a(SourceFile:683)

at com.crystaldecisions.reports.exporters.format.page.pdf.dom.a.if(SourceFile:633)

at com.crystaldecisions.reports.exporters.format.page.pdf.dom.d.a(SourceFile:1951)

at com.crystaldecisions.reports.exporters.format.page.pdf.dom.d.a(SourceFile:447)

at com.crystaldecisions.reports.exporters.format.page.pdf.dom.d.byte(SourceFile:323)

at com.crystaldecisions.reports.exporters.format.page.pdf.dom.d.a(SourceFile:303)

at com.crystaldecisions.reports.exporters.format.page.pdf.dom.d.a(SourceFile:283)

at com.crystaldecisions.reports.exporters.format.page.pdf.dom.b.a(SourceFile:217)

at com.crystaldecisions.reports.exporters.format.page.pdf.dom.PdfAdvancedDocumentModeller.a(SourceFile:177)

at com.crystaldecisions.reports.exporters.page.pdf.AdobePDFExporter.a(SourceFile:252)

at com.crystaldecisions.reports.exporters.page.pdf.AdobePDFExporter.processFormattedContent(SourceFile:200)

at com.crystaldecisions.reports.formatter.export2.a.a(SourceFile:105)

at com.crystaldecisions.reports.formatter.export2.a.a(SourceFile:253)

at com.crystaldecisions.reports.formatter.export2.ExportSupervisorEx.if(SourceFile:642)

at com.crystaldecisions.reports.formatter.export2.ExportSupervisorEx.a(SourceFile:586)

Any help would be appreciated.