cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NWDI without NWDS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

Currently we are using NWDI version 7.1 SP4 for version control and transport.

Until now the development team were using NWDS with the same version. We are about to start a project that needs a different version of eclipse, newer than the version used on NWDS, and this newer eclipse has its own plugins. I can´t piece together this two versions of eclipse so the development team won´t be able to use version control in NWDS. Is there a way that we can use NWDI as version control outside NWDS?

Thanks,

Gabriela

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

What exactly do you need this newer version of Eclipse for?

As far as NWDI version control outside NWDS is concerned, you can probably use the DTRshell that comes with NWDS, but that should (in my opinion) only be used for troubleshooting. I'm afraid it's quite a hassle to use that for your purpose (prone to errors).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pascal,

We need this newer version of eclipse because we are developping a Java Application for Blackberry, it has its own plugins for eclipse and it has to be version 3.5 of eclipse. Unfortunatelly the eclipse version of NWDS is 3.3. We want to use NWDI as version control, since we are developing a client mobile application we won't need transport and build.

Where can I get the DTR shell?

Thanks

Gabriela

Former Member
0 Kudos

The DTRShell is normally included with NWDS.

Former Member
0 Kudos

As I could see this DTRShell is used inside NWDS, but my problem is that we have to use it outside NWDS.

Any other idea?

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi

maybe you can put the dtr plugin to your Eclipse 3.5.

in my case, the plugin located:

D:\NWDS7.11\plugins\com.tssap.dtr.client.eclipse.admin_2.0.0.081107100357

hope it can work on eclipse 3.5

Best regards,

john

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

As far as NWDI version control outside NWDS is concerned, you can probably use the DTRshell that comes with NWDS, but that should (in my opinion) only be used for troubleshooting. I'm afraid it's quite a hassle to use that for your purpose (prone to errors).

Former Member
0 Kudos