cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Freight condition and rejected items

former_member1115366
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I have a pricing condition that does not behave the way I want when an item on a sales order is rejected.

I want this to be essentially a header-level fixed-amount-discount triggered by condition records with the access sequence: Sales Org / Shipping Condition / Ship-to Party / Plant.

The way I have it configured right now, the condition allocates the fixed amount across all line items by weight. Rejected items continue to carry their burden of the allocation, even though they do not copy to the shipping and billing documents. Pricing carried out at billing does not reallocate the fixed amount from the condition record u2013 it simply copies the condition amounts from the sales order. As a result, the billing document condition totals to an amount that is less than the fixed amount expected by the customer.

Properties of the condition:

u2022 Cond. class A Discount

u2022 Calculat.type B Fixed Amount

u2022 Cond.category F Freight

u2022 Rounding rule Commercial

u2022 StrucCond. u2013Blank

The condition is defined (box checked) a group condition. u201CChanges which can be madeu201D has the following boxes checked: Header condit.; Item condition; Delete; Amount/percent. Scale basis is set to u201CDu201D Gross weight scale.

How can I define a fixed-amount discount condition having an access sequence of Sales Org / Shipping Condition / Ship-to Party / Plant that does not allocate to each item? I believe such a condition would be impervious to the effects of rejected items, and would suit my needs.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You are maintaining header condition with fixed amount,so system will distribute this fix amount on the basis of gross weight at item level.

IEven if you reject one line item then this cost again distributed equally on remaining line items as per there gross weight.

Second one if you want access sequence as you said,then create condition table V/03

Assign it in one of access sequence

then assign this access sequence to condition type.

Kapil

former_member1115366
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I took into account both suggestions above, and have come to the conclusion that we have to change our processing of orders with rejected items. The heart of the problem is the automated billing job that we employ. It provides no options to execute a new pricing document at the billing operation. So the sales order data is always referenced.

Process change is to apply a billing block when items are rejected on the sales order. When billing is due, the block is removed from the sales order and billing then gets done manually. The user must execute a new pricing document before completing the billing operation, thereby allocatinig the full fixed-amount of the discount to the items that actually are billed.

Thanks for the suggestions.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Reason for Rejection do not unconfirm or De Allocate the stock that is confirmed. you can control how the pricing should be handled in the reason for rejection definition.under statistical values column.

Coming to your qurey, I think you are using Scales for your discount to apply based on weight. you can try to control this in copy controls from delivery to billing. T code VTFL from Del to Invoice. at item level try to use pricing type A and check if it solves your problem.

Hope this helps

Sai

former_member1115366
Active Participant
0 Kudos

That's it! Our rejection codes are not configured to release allocated pricing. Making that change is exactly what was needed.

Many thanks from a grateful configurator!

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ken

As per my understanding if it is a Header condition, it should not have an acess sequence.

Value is maintained manually.

Kindly check some of the Standard SAP header conditions like HD00 etc. There is no access sequence.

thanks