cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

function key not working

Former Member
0 Kudos

I've been trying to add a function key to a UI screen for the tab key. I've used this document for reference:

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/20d351f7-6635-2c10-e692-84f3c3982...

However, using #9 does not do anything. I've tried using the constant caps which works successfully and the same with #97 for the letter 'a'. Is there something I don't know here? Anyone else have this type of issue?

Alex

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Not sure when you say SP if you are referring to the client framework version which is 710800. We are using the Motorola MC9090.

Alex

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Please use SP8 latest patch. patch 0 doesn't contain lot of fixes.

Regards

Vidyadhar

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

my guess is that the tab button on the MC9090 is not executing the function code #9, only a guess

we use MC9090 but 28key keypad so no TAB, I noticed in our development of function keys that the codes were not always correct to the document from SAP, we needed to use java app to verify keypad function codes or edit the keypad registry...

you might want to verify that pressing TAB on your keypad is producing function code #9, i assume Tab is a dedicated button on the keypad you are using, and not one where you need to press a keypad modifier to access Tab

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alex

They all work fine as far as I know. Which SP are you using to develop application and on which PDA?

Regards

Vidyadhar