cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP PI Alert Configuration - Variables are not getting populated in email

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

We are trying to configure Alerts for PI but, even though we are receiving alerts into the email inbox, the email doesn't contain any of the text created in ALRTCATDEF in "Long and Short text" tab. Nor the variables nor the plain text.

All other steps for alert configuration seem to have been done properly (because we do receive the emails) but we would like to get some more information in them and don't know how.

Have you ever faced this problem? Do you know which could be the issue? Any information regarding this will be apreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Nòfal.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try container variable SXMS_ERROR_CAT, SXMS_ERROR_CODE while creating alert category.....

Also you will find lots of info in this thread...

Regds,

Pinangshuk.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

@ Pinangshuk, I will try these variables.

@ Shabarish, yes, I am getting the alerts in the alert inbox. And yes, the issue is only with receiving emails. And receiving emails have already been configured.

Do any of you think that there are some variables specific for Adapter problems and other variables specific for Integration Engine problems?

Nòfal.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

it seems it was a matter of SAP Logon Patch. I upgraded from patch level 14 to patch level 15 and now I am getting mails with variables for Adapter errors. Specific Adapter variables I am using are:

SXMS_TO_ADAPTER_TYPE (type SXI_TO_ACTION_NS)

SXMS_TO_ADAPTER_ERRTXT (type SXI_TO_ACTION).

Thanks a lot,

Regards,

Nòfal.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Nofal,

I am having the same problem, just want to ask if what version of PI are you using? I am using 7.1 now and i'm having problem with populating variable in email.

Thanks,

Jun

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Jun Rey Magbanua

Did You got any solution for your problem if so can you please share it

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

are you getting the alerts in the alert inbox?

is the issue only with receiving emails? have you configured to receive emails?

/people/pravesh.sharma/blog/2009/07/02/configuration-for-forwarding-alerts-as-emails

former_member181985
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There are already couple of different blogs on Alerts. Plz search and see which one is implemented in yours then you can find the answer yourself.