Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auth Objects on ME23N

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

I'm trying to find the authorisation objects that control the GRIR information on the Display PO's tcode - ME23N.

I have to seperate roles with ME23N tcode - one shows the GRIR info on the details section and the other not.

Just trying to understand which auth object controls the display and which values to assign to have it displayed or not.

Rgds,

Thinus

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

If I get you correctly, then you are first trying to determine the objects that are associated with ME23N, and then to figure out which of those are controlling the GRIR. What have you done so far to determine the objects associated with ME23N?

Santosh

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

If I get you correctly, then you are first trying to determine the objects that are associated with ME23N, and then to figure out which of those are controlling the GRIR. What have you done so far to determine the objects associated with ME23N?

Santosh

0 Kudos

I use SU24 to see which auth objects is involved.

The problem I have is that the amounts on the Purchase Order History tab is not showing when I assign one role, but when I assign the other, it does.

I guess what I should do is do a comparison on the auth objects and values with the 2 ME23N's in both roles.

This might give me an indication on the possible differences.

Comments??

0 Kudos

Hello,

You are so close to this....

1st open the PO in ME23N with the role that allow to see history. Now before look into history set a trace (ST01). Now see the history only. Now anlyze the trace. So you will get the object/s at your wish.

Arpan

0 Kudos

Arpan,

Thanks...that was going to be my "next move"

That just involves a lot of admin - thought there might be a quicker way of finding the answer!

Thinus.

mvoros
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I don't think that you can hide selected tab in ME23N using authorization objects. You can try with transaction variants (transaction SHD0). You can create a variant which will hide GRIR tab and create a new transaction which will correspond to ME23N with variant.

Cheers