Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add Report painter report to Role Menu

sunilv_dev
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

I want to add a a report painter report to existing role. In PFCG when I click on Report and select report writer radio button, system prompts me to select report group. When I select this option, system does not show all the reports available within this group so that I can select the one which I want to add and have system generate transaction code Y_DEV_99* for this report. How Can I add report painter report to a role have system generate trans code for it??

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

As far as I know you cannot authorise a single report, exactly for the reasons you mentioned: ususally the names of those thingies is generated and differes from system to system - you cannot even transport them! so the authorisation object for Report Writer stops at the level of the report group, which is exactly why Security and Functionals should group those reports wisely!

0 Kudos

Mylène,

You can use the Import/Export for the reports. They will keep their names, as far as I'm aware. Not sure what happens when you transport them, as it appears you can do it in GR3x transactions.

0 Kudos

> Mylène,

> You can use the Import/Export for the reports. They will keep their names, as far as I'm aware. Not sure what happens when you transport them, as it appears you can do it in GR3x transactions.

Marthinsh,

I am aware that you can export/import or transport the reports in themselves - but not their names. In a way I never clearly understood, they are not attached to their names as such.

But then ... we do agree, you can only authorise by group.

Private_Member_119218
Active Participant
0 Kudos

In my current company, each report painter report has the same transaction code in all systems, and I authorize them by tcode.

I'm not sure how it's done, but if you can wait until Monday, I'll find out and let you know.

EDIT:

Scratch what I said. Best you can do is authorize by report group. I wasn't fully aware of how the RW reports worked.

Edited by: Martinsh Shaiters on Mar 1, 2010 5:51 PM