cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

updating batch classification

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

I need to make the following, when there is a goods receipt, I want to update the posting date in the batch classification as soon as I post the goods from transaction MIGO.

How can I make this?

Regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you do the GR w.r.t the batch the last Goods receipt date field in batch basic data will get updated with the posting date.

If you want that field in the classification then create one characteristic & in addt data tab of characteristic put the reference table as MCHA & the field as LWEDT.Assign this charactristic to your batch class.

So whenever you do the receipt against this Batch u will have last GR date updated in it.

Cheers,

Tushar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tushar,

Actually I tried what you did, but it still does not update, here is what I get in the classification characteristics

Deletion Ind. for Batches Not Set

Quality Score Usage Decision 100

Usage Decision 01 A

Status of Batch Released

Batch Number 2010080166

Expiration date, shelf life 23.06.2012

Date of last goods receipt

The last field is empty as you see, I hope you have a solution

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have something also in my mind I'd like to share with you, regarding the reference table you told me, I think that this is responsible only for maintaining the data in the BASIC DATA tab of the characteristic, but it has nothing to do with the value, if I'm wrong then correct me, and I hope you a have a solution for the problem.

Regards,

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Use table MCH1 instead of MCHA for your referenced characteristic.

MCHA is only used for this field when you are at the plant/material batch level.

If you are at the client or material batch level, then MCH1 is used.

Craig

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks a lot craig

Answers (0)