cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transport VC Models developed to QA and Production environments

Former Member
0 Kudos

I tried to search in forums but did not get any clear answer.

I am using VC 7.0. I have developed a model in VC connecting a BI System in Dev. Deployed to dev portal, tested and ready to move to QA and Prod.

What are the steps. Do I need to copy the par file into other environments. How about the system connectiviy to BI in other environments. Where do you change that. If I have created a IView based on VC model, I think can just transport it as a normal PCD object but that would not transport the model itself.

Please give me the steps to transport the VC model to other other environments and how to make the system settings point to the new environment.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi

You need to follow steps below -

1. You need to create BI production system also in Epdev.

2. Then make all BI Data services which are used in VC model (through Tools - > Alias Manager)

3. Then deploy model with PAR option & Deploy Entire model option ticked.

4. Then Export the PCD file to your Desktop.

5. Login to Epprd & Import the same PCD file.

If you have any issues then let me know.

Regards

Sandeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sandeep,

Thanks for your quick response.

I need little clarification to see if I understand correctly.

1. Create QA and Prod System Objects in Dev Portal

2. With my Model open in VC, From Tools I select all the system aliases I created for each environment.

When I had created the data service by dragging on to vc story board, I used Dev System alias. Does this have any impact.

3. From Portal, I export the Par file as any other PCD object and then import to QA and Prod.

Does it automatically point to QA and Prod System alias after I export. What is the dependency of BI object to be transported first (ex: Query that is used to design story board).

Is there any link to documentation that explains the steps.

Thanks

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ravi

To answer your question on pointing to QA and production, you will need to make sure that that your system ALIAS is the SAME in all three systems (Dev, QA and prod) . Basis will be able to define the system alias for you for example "SAP_BW" and have them set it as default.

also, you will need to ensure that this alias is the same as the one used by your queries currently, otherwise you will have to export the entire model out onto your desktop as a .gml file and change the system alias withinin manualaly via a text editor.

once you have ensured your system alias is consistent accross the landscape, then deploy the model with par file option checked in the Tools>Options>complier

then,

collect the model from the portal via system admin within a trasnport (this will pick upt he par file as well) and generate a EPA file, which u can export to your desktop

then portal/basis can apply this file to your QA portal, or you can import it via system admin in your QA portal.

the same SYSTEM ALIAS will take care of gathering the data from your QA and production env

Geberally, you should trasnport your BI objects over first, but if you trasnport the model first its just going to throw a runtime error, until the query exist

let me know if this doesnt answer your question

Former Member
0 Kudos

Goel,

Thanks for your response. Now it is clear what to do.

Appreciate your help.

Raghu

Answers (0)