Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Manage "accessories" scenario from the sales order

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SAP experts,

I am dealing with a new problem.

From now on, the business was dealing with BOMs that included all parts for the finished product.

So, from the PP side, the production order for a finished product included all components.

Now, due to changes in the design of the products, the sales department wants to also sell some of them as a "core" material and "accessories" separately. Also, it will give them the opportunity to sell only the "core" material for replacement, or only the "accessories" which was impossible in the past.

Either "core" materials and "accessories" could have BOMs.

ANd we don't want to use VC, because we don't have time and money to re-think completely the way we handle the materials.

So I am looking for a way to tell the system that when I enter an "accessories" item, then the production order should include them in the components list of the production order for the "core" material.

Each line in the sales order, should be priced, delivered and billed.

For example, the sales order process would be :

Single sales order (standard type OR)

line 1 - ??? item category = the "core material"

line 2 - ??? item category = the accessory 1

line 3 - ??? item category = the accessory 2

When saving the order, what we want is to have the production order generated through MRP to include all the components for material in line 1 (Core) Line 2 (Acc 1) and Line 3 (Acc 2)

The idea behind that is to tell the people in the assembly line that for this particular sales order, they have put together all components listed in the production order.

I have read through these forums about creating a new item cat and change it for line 2 & line 3, maybe use higher level item cat. to create a structure, maybe create order bom

All of this is a little bit confusing as I don't know where to start.

I would apreciate any help on this particular topic.

Thanks a lot.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Have you made a thought of using sales BOM via CS01 ??

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

yes, I have already created a sales BOM through CS01, but in the end, the list of components in the production order is only composed with materials of line 1, 2 and 3 and not their individual components.

Thanks,

Fred

Answers (0)