Pricing Procedure

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have the following need for pricing procedure in a sales order:

Price from Vendor pricelist = A

Discount from Vendor = B

Profit = C

Total price to customer (D) = A - B + C

Suggesting that the total price to customer (D) should not change. If there is for any reason a change of the discount from vendor then I want profit (c) to be adjusted automatically in order to have the same outcome (d)

Can anyone help me on how to modify this. Give me some hints to start up with

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

Your price is maintained through condition record ie. D. This is fixed.

Coming to vendor discount etc, that is your cost.

Cost price can be maintained as Standard price or Moving average price (based on the settings maitained in Material master, system will calculate).

So your D will remains same.

Based on the discount given to your vendor, profitability is determined automatically.

thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

We don't maintain condition records for any of our materials due to the fact that the materials that are sold change very rapidly and also the list prices from the vendor change also every now and then.

Therefore for every sales order we ask the price from the vendor and we mannually enter it in the pricing procedure. As far as the discount is concerned usually at that moment of sales the vendor gives as a discount that might change as soon as the invoice from the vendor is being received. So when we make the quotation to the customer we mannually enter the price from the vendor (A), the discont from the vendor (B) and the profit for our company (C) in order to finally reach the final price to our customer (D)

Either in the sales order or in the invoice I want to maintain the final discount from the vendor that is know to us at that point, and since I can't change the final price to customer (D), I want the profit (C) to be recalculated automatically in order the final price to be the same.

former_member184555
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Please confirm whether my understanding of the scenario is correct or not..

A. The price from Vendor will be the price to customer in sales order (say for PR00).

B. The discount from vendor will be a statistical condition . This value is nothing but your profit.

C. The VPRS cost will be A-B.

The final price to customer (mentioned as D) is nothing but the price from vendor since you are not adding anything to that price.

Regards,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

The price for pricelist from vendor (A) is a condition type enter manually

The discount from vendor (B) is a percentage condition type enter manually

The profit for our company (C) is a percentage condition type enter manually

The final price that is calculated (D) is A- B +C

Though at the quotation the discount that is given from vendor (B) might change in the invoice.

So as I was thinking I should maintain another discount from vendor (B1) that will be the final discount from vendor. Since the price to customer can't change (D) I want the system to automatically the new profit (C1):

D = A - B1 + C1(this should be automatically calculated).

Former Member
0 Kudos

A: condition type entered manually = Price for material from vendor pricelist

B: condition type percentage entered mannually = Discount given from vendor to us

C: condition type percentage entered manuually = Profit for our company

😧 final price calculated in the pricing procedure = A - B + C

As soon as the invoice of the vendor is send the discount might be different. Since A is the same and D should be stable

I want to maintain a B1 condition type percentage entered mannulally with the final discount of the vendor.

I need therefore the system to automatically calculate the new C1 according to the following:

D (can't change) = A (stable) - B1 + C1 (automatically calcualted)

Former Member
0 Kudos

the question is not having the clarity.

In the top you r specifying the vendor.

and you are asking the profitability of the customer.

can u again post your query.