Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Redistribution thru SCUL.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

We have CUA implemented in our systems. I would like to have few clarifications.

1) Is it advisable to redistribute the data from SCUL?

2) is it possible to trace old idocs related to user master changes? I believe the idoc related to a user gets overwritten when a new change occurs. is that correct or does it create a new idoc (if so then is there a easier way to find out other than WE05 where idocs are named in numbers and you need to click on each to find the content. ) ?

Appreciate your help.

Thanks & Regards,

Jona

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jona,

Before redistribution check the error in scul . why the particular entry is stucked. Solve the particular error first for ex: User group missing in child system, printer missing etc. Then again got to Su01 and save the user in change mode. This will automatically execute the scul entry.

2) is it possible to trace old idocs related to user master changes? I believe the idoc related to a user gets overwritten when a new change occurs. is that correct or does it create a new idoc (if so then is there a easier way to find out other than WE05 where idocs are named in numbers and you need to click on each to find the content. ) ?

= Check entry in BD87 it create entry with different idoc number Be careful while using BD87(Do not process idocs without any justified requirement). You can also check the idocs in we02.

Hope this helps

7 REPLIES 7

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jona,

Before redistribution check the error in scul . why the particular entry is stucked. Solve the particular error first for ex: User group missing in child system, printer missing etc. Then again got to Su01 and save the user in change mode. This will automatically execute the scul entry.

= Check entry in BD87 it create entry with different idoc number Be careful while using BD87(Do not process idocs without any justified requirement). You can also check the idocs in we02.

Hope this helps

0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your prompt response.

1) i do know this , just wanted to know if it is OK to redistribute from SCUL in case you have multiple users with error status. the error cause is analysed but since there are multiple users and getting them to SU10 for mass change also will be time consuming. Instead can i just redistribute from SCUL. will it affect any other user data?

2) BD87 is almost same as WE05. how to find a prticluar idoc when i dont know the exact date and time and the idoc number?

Thanks in advance.

Jona

0 Kudos

Hi Jona,

In WE09 you can find the idoc for particular user by using search in segment option.

For that enter the Data record name for idoc type for exemple for user id it is E1BPBNAME inside that use the option search in field and enter the Field name like for user id it is BAPINAME and in that for value enter the user id for which you want to check the idoc.

Use the message type Userclone that you already know.

You also have option to run the report in Background. in output you will find the idoc for particular serach criteria.

Hope this helps : )

0 Kudos

Hi Jona,

Any updates on same. Is this resolved ?

0 Kudos

Hello,

I would like to add on point here.

just wanted to know if it is OK to redistribute from SCUL in case you have multiple users with error status. the error cause is analysed but since there are multiple users and getting them to SU10 for mass change also will be time consuming. Instead can i just redistribute from SCUL. will it affect any other user data?

yes you can Distribute from SCUL, but as I know its not advisable to distribute more that six errors in SCUL at a time.

Actually it will not affect any other user date except it will show your user id in last changed by.

Thanks

0 Kudos

Hello,

I would like to add on point here.

just wanted to know if it is OK to redistribute from SCUL in case you have multiple users with error status. the error cause is analysed but since there are multiple users and getting them to SU10 for mass change also will be time consuming. Instead can i just redistribute from SCUL. will it affect any other user data?

yes you can Distribute from SCUL, but as I know its not advisable to distribute more that six errors in SCUL at a time.

Actually it will not affect any other user date except it will show your user id in last changed by.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Solution is good.. but not the one i am looking for.. Not sure how to explain more hence closing this question.. thanks...