cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HCM P&F - Skip Process selection for Manager

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I have one scenario that did not sure it is possible or not. Manager want to have different link between each process. So when manager click link, manager expect to select employee and then go directly to the form.

Please advice,

Regards,

Visut

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I face the same problem here. Our customer has built a process-driven portal/intranet. Therefore, we definately need to skip the ' process selection' step (as the process was already chosen).

Manager selects process -> manager selects employee -> manager handles form.

Anyone a solution (yet) ?

ChrisSolomon
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

"Manager selects process -> manager selects employee -> manager handles form."

That is not the way the Start Application is written. There is an option for "some" processes to select an employee later but YOU have to build that into you process/form. It is not the same as how the Start Application does it. I would suggest you advise your customer on how the standard works rather than reinventing the wheel.

ChrisSolomon
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Visut....I repsonded to your comment on my blog. It is possible and is done now in MSS. Look at thow they do it.

However, I had this same conversation with a client. If they start adding links to launch EACH process separatly, then they will have to keep modifying a LOT every time they add a process and they will also have issues when having links for processes that don't apply to the selected employee (such as a US employee having links to EU processes for example) or will have to have very customized different views/iViews for different employees (uggg!). It is easier, cleaner, more consistent to have them to the process selection view directly (which we can easily add/change/filter what processes show in list) with an emloyee selected. That's the route my client decided on and it proved correct as they later changed/added processes. Just a thought.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chris,

I totally agree with you. Since now, we have only one process for PD side so they request to have that just that process. But for PA side, I still let them select the process from process view. But for another scenario that I try to use the same link but I am not sure it is possible or not. We got different list of OADP. One of process allow manager to select the whole employee of department underneath, but another process allow manager to select only their own employee, and another process allow manager to search for any employee in company. Do you have any advice for above case?

Thanks in advance,

Visut