cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JDBC -JDBC( Receiver Synchronous)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have one query regarding this scenario.

XI fecthing the only one row Date column from Sender Database(JDBC) and

after that XI Selects the records in Receiver Database based upon the condition.

We have the VIEW in the receiver database.In this View we have more than 5 laks of records.

in View we have 20 columns out of that First 5 columns only need to check the condition, in the five coloumns we have Date field data..

Condition is:

coloumn1> Date or column2> Date ..........coloumn5>Date. if condition satisfied XI selects the remaining fields and take response from Receiver Database.

Here above condition is checking the database so much time to retrieve the details. So XI fails the Synchoronous step.

How i can acheive it?can you provide your valuble suggestions.

Thank you very much.

Sateesh

Edited by: sateesh kumar .N on Feb 24, 2010 12:29 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
JDBC -JDBC( Receiver Synchronous)
XI fails in Synchronous Step

I assume that you have made necessary settings to ensure that JDBC-sender works in SYNC mode....is there a BPM involved?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abishik,

I use the BPM here

Receive Step- Transforamtion Step for Request Mapping1- Send synchronous1---Transformation Step for Responsemapping-Send step2 asynchrously.

i create message interfaces

ob asyn(Sender jdbc request)

abs asyn( Sender Jdbc request)

ib syn( Receiver JDBC request & Response)

Abs syn( Receiver JDBC Request & Response)

Abs async( Receiver JDBC request)

Abs async( Receiver JDBC response)

ib asyn( sender Jdbc response)

abs asyn( sender Jdbc response)

three JDBC adapter one Jdbc sender and two JDBC receivers

Thank you very much

sateesh

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

One of the solutions will be to increase the time-limit of the SYNC call....to scan 5 lakh records the adapter needs to wait for some time.....how does your call behave when there are less number of records...say 10k or 50k?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abishek,

Thank you.

Database having some times 5 laks records, next day they modified some thing in the database, may be it increase the records.

But i found one option in Database side,If you use the INDEX in Database side for that tables, it would be more efficient.

Kindly suggest me what option i need to follow.

if we imporve the time -improve for synchronous call, How we can do?

Thank you.

sateesh

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
But i found one option in Database side,If you use the INDEX in Database side for that tables, it would be more efficient.

No idea on this

if we imporve the time -improve for synchronous call, How we can do

I would suggest that you keep this as the last option....if INDEX helps you then well and good....if no other option works out then there is a blog by Michal on how to increase the timeout....but i would still suggest wait for experts to give their comments

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abishek,

Please provide the Michael blog .

thank you

Former Member
0 Kudos

> But i found one option in Database side,If you use the INDEX in Database side for that tables, it would be more efficient.

Definetly indexing will help in searching/reading the data in faster way but not sure if for the huge amount of data indexing will be good enough and quick enough so that adapter will do it's job in due time.

You can only come to know after testing the scenaro.

Regards,

Sarvesh

former_member206760
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

here is the timeout blog from michal /people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2006/06/08/xi-timeouts-timeouts-timeouts

but i dont think this would help as the number of records might increase as well....

work on how u can get only limited number of records/fields in one read...may be indexing and then fetching by that index..

may be u can fetch say only 10000 records satifsfying the criteria and then transformation step and send step

u can again do this for the next batch..and so on

former_member181985
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

better use Stored procedure on Receiver DB side.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen,

Thank you for valuble suggestion.

In this case i don't think to write the stored procedure. it is select query command is enough.

So i can follow below link STATEMENT4 structure.Here is mapping working and receiver Adpater also.but synchronous step failed after some it throws message expired exception.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/2e/96fd3f2d14e869e10000000a155106/content.htm.

kindly provide me your valuble suggestions.

Thank you very much.

Sateesh