cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mulitple Logon Doubt.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

As per SAP License Agrrement Muliple logon using the same user is not recommended.So we do setting login/disable_multi_gui_login =1 means that multiple login is not possible.If we want multiple logon in Dev & QA I think it is fine as per SAP License Agrrement. So can anyone tell me what are the advantages & disadvantages of multiple logon to Dev & QA System??

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

No one is able to answer my question but forcefully I am closing this lock due to the Rules of SDN..

anindya_bose
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Juan is absolutely right. But in my experience I have seen many project where Multi Login is enabled.

Now, its your decision.

Regards

Anindya

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As far as I know multiple logons should not be allowed even in DEV or QA1... simple reason you could work with 2 developers under the same developer license... which is a breach to the license agreement and be aware that is recorded and displayed in USMM

The only advantage of multiple logons is that you can work from diferent terminals at the same time under a single user....

Regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Juan..How to use the t-code USMM??iHow it s recorded and displayed in USMM??

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I remember that when you run the system measurement in USMM the amount of double logins recorded are displayed in the report

Regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Juan..But can I include sap* & ddic for multiple logins in 000 client??Whether these also bridges license agreement??Sometimes while doing support pack in 000 client multiple logons can be necessary..

Former Member
0 Kudos

In QA System no developers work so Multiple login can be used??

Former Member
0 Kudos

I believe there is no harm in using multiple logon using DDIC and sap* for client 000

but one needs to be very cautious working in client 000

-Sekhar

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You shouldnt run anything under SAP* or DDIC... you should create a user for activities like patching.

Also you're going out of context, multiple logons should be avoided where possible.

Regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Juan thanks a lot ..But my question is still not answered..

"Note that multiple logons to the production system using the same user

ID are not part of the SAP licence agreement."

My question to all of you here only production system is given but why not DEV/QA??If we cannot use the same user in DEV/QA then SAP should have written all systems..Please give me a direct answer if you know it..Do not give me a diplomatic answer

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Theres only one person that can give you detailed information about SAP and the License Agreements and its you SAP Account Manager give him/her a call

Regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ha ha ha..Thanks for giving me such a nice answer..I'll really give a call..