cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installation of EP RTA for EP 6.0 (Web As JAVA)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

We understand that GRC AC 5.3 can only be installed on NW 7.0 and we are going to install NW 7.0 before installaing GRC 5.3.

But we would like CUP to provision the java roles in our existing EP 6.0 (Web As JAVA) also along with all the other ABAP systems. This is for which we want the EP RTA information.

Is there any work around available for EP 6.0 (AS JAVA) for RTA. We are not in a position to go for an EP Upgrade.

Regards,

Kanthi Kiran

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Hi,

well, installing the EPRTA on EP 6.0 will not work due to different Java versions (JDK 1.3 vs JDK 1.4), so that's not an option...

Other than maybe a custom development I do not see a solution here for EP 6.0

Cheers,

Dominic

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dominic,

We are in JDK 1.4.2.21 in our Portal.

Does this make a difference? If not what custom development are you referring to? Will SAP release an RTA that is compatible with EP 6.0 for AC 5.3?

Thanks,

0 Kudos

Hi,

well, didn't know EP 6.0 (running on WebAS 620 , right?) can run on JDK 1.4...

Or are you referring to EP 6.0 on 640 ?

Anyway that doesn't affect your situation as the EPRTA only runs on EP 7.0

By custom development I meant that you/your company/your customer program an EPRTA but I guess that wouldn't be supported anyway...

SAP is not going provide an EPRTA for EP6 regardless of the underlying WebAS version.

Cheers,

Dominic

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dominic,

Thanks for your response.

We also have a question about NW7.0 for GRC 5.3

Can this be a pure Java installation? or does it require an ABAP stack also.

Thanks,

0 Kudos

Hi,

I guess with "GRC 5.3" you mean AC 5.3?

That runs on a Java stack so you do not need ABAP to run it - however you might want to connect your ERP systems.

I suggest you take a look at the "PAM" to see what scenarios are supported:

http://service.sap.com/pam

Also, the AC guides (pre- and post-install among other) are very helpful and can be found here:

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/articles-grc-all

Cheers,

Dominic