cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Soap Receiver Error:

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

While trying to test Soap to Soap scenario, I am getting error in Receiver Channel as:Message processing failed. Cause: com.sap.aii.af.ra.ms.api.RecoverableException: www.webservicex.net: java.net.UnknownHostException: www.webservicex.net

And in moni as:<SAP:AdditionalText>com.sap.aii.af.ra.ms.api.DeliveryException: www.webservicex.net</SAP:AdditionalText>;

It seems some connection issue due to which its unable to perform action. As I checked the audit log in Receiver channel, it seems as if the User J2EE_GUEST is creating issue.

Success MP: Processing local module localejbs/sap.com/com.sap.aii.af.soapadapter/XISOAPAdapterBean

Success SOAP: request message entering the adapter with user J2EE_GUEST

Error SOAP: call failed: java.net.UnknownHostException: www.webservicex.net

I am using http://www.webservicex.net/CurrencyConvertor.asmx webservice. This is just a sample scenario.

Please advice.

Regards,

Nutan

Edited by: nutan champia on Feb 24, 2010 11:54 AM

Edited by: nutan champia on Feb 24, 2010 12:03 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (9)

Answers (9)

former_member203665
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please let me know if the issue is resolved...

I am facing problem in a sync SOAP scenario in PI,

so for testing i am trying to connect to the freely available open public webservices but for all of them I get UnknownHostException... I tried a lot of web services but all of then lead to error....

• ERROR:java.net.UnknownHostException: www.webservicex.net
  • ERROR:java.net.UnknownHostException: ws1.parasoft.com

Be it via PI or SOAP UI i get the same error...please help

Regards,

Shashank

0 Kudos

Hi Shashank,

Basis team was not able to resolve the issue.

So we are using IP addres instead of host name in the web service URL and it is wokring fine.

As per my research there can be two possible issues:

1) Entry not maintained properly in DNS file because of which the host name is not getting resolved into IP address.

2) The PI server is no able to access the proxy server. There is some setting for this in SOAP Axis whcih I am not aware of.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Pooja

0 Kudos

Hi Nutan,

Was your issue resolved.

If yes pelase let us know.

Regards,

Pooja

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

1. Are you able to open the WSDL location using IE in your network?

2. Is there a proxy in your network? If so you will ahve to provide that info as part of the SOAP CC and any authentication if any

3. use a SOAP test tool like SOAPUI and send a request to confirm if the target url is responding back.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

could you troubleshoot using this blog....

/people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2008/01/08/troubleshooting--rfc-and-soap-scenarios-updated-on-20042009

Regds,

Pinangshuk.

Former Member
0 Kudos

It is not an authorization error, but PI simply cannot reach the host.

Proceed as described by Suraj.

CSY

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

1) As mentioned by Suraj use the IP address.

2) Can you check with your AMDIN/ BASIS team if your PI server can connect to internet? If this connection is not enabled then the scenario is bound to fail!

former_member185881
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Nutan

As this web Service you have taken it from google so you are not having authorization to send a request to perform some action there.

While testing you will get an error at receiver communication channel monitoring "authorization error".

In this case if you are getting host error then it means your scenario is developed correctly, the problem is only in the authorization.

Regards

Dheeraj Kumar

former_member187339
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nutan,

Try these:

1. Use the uip address instead of website name (209.162.186.60)

2. Try pinging from PI server and see whether you get a success message or not. If not then there may be a firewall/proxy required to reach the server. You need to contact the admin team.

Regards

Suraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Test the wsdl downloaded using some soap test tool... so that you can get to know whether you are able to make a call to that site...or is there any blocking of ports in ur network..as the error mentioned above says that its not reachable...from PI...

HTH

Rajesh