cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need deactive RSA1 entry temporarly in Testing BW server

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sir,

We are doing the hardware migration project.

before go live ,

we are doing the reharsel phase. hence we have installed new SAP BW 3.1c system in VMware H/W and completed the data migration from copy of production system database (Attach Method).

Now we are in the testing phase, so we would like to disable the entry temporarily in

RSA1 (Administrator Workbench Modeling) IN New Vmware testing server(Trns: RSA1) to avoid the disturbance of Live

production system.

We may want to use the RSA1 entry again

Could someone tell me how to inactive/change (SAP servers IP address) temporarily the entry in RSA transaction. ?

Thanks

Eumalai

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Thirumalai Malai

In order to clarify your ideas, I would like to understand your concerns regarding the RSA1 tx.

This is the BW workbench, and here you'll see the source systems connected to your BW server so I supose that the objective is disconnect those source system.

So if this is your goal the best option is broke the RFC connections, changing the hostname for example.

Steps

Go to RSA1 / Source System ) Right click over each source and go to "Connection param.".

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks

Malai

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Thirumalai Malai

In order to clarify your ideas, I would like to understand your concerns regarding the RSA1 tx.

This is the BW workbench, and here you'll see the source systems connected to your BW

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can do couple of things.

1) Disable the RFC by removing the hostname or removing the user id and password from it. You can enable it by putting back those values.

2) You can deactivate Partner Profile.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Naveed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Naveed,

Thank for the information..

You can deactivate Partner Profile.

Please let me know how to deactivate Profile?.

Thanks

Malai

Former Member
0 Kudos

For your Partner No. under Partner Tyle LS select the Classification Tab and change the Partner Status to " I " Inactive.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Naveed