Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blocking of certain Project Definition in reports

former_member711289
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello every one,

In my project i got a scenerio where customer need when we run the project report. Authorization level should be set in such a way that whenever user is running project report for whole organisation report should come but data from one project definition should not come. For example if i have 4 project definition whenever i am running report for whole organisation report should give me data of only 3 project definition.

Also when user is creating a project from transaction code cj20n. He should be able to create project with only 1 project definition and he should not be able to use other 3 project definition.

Please help me in this. Thanks in advance.

Regards

Abhishek Sinha

Edited by: Virendra Pal on Feb 24, 2010 11:31 AM

Subject edited to lower case

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

virendra_pal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Try to avoid using capitals - except for transaction codes etc

I have changed in my post and I think it looks fine

Virendra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In what way do these project definitions differ from each other? Is it with respect to company code, plant, or any other parameters ? Provide more details on it.

Regards,

Kabir

former_member711289
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Kabir,

Thanks for reply. Actually the scenerios is nature of the projects are different but plant and company codes are same and the user are different and we dont wana give autorisation of one project definition to other user and vice versa.

Kindly suggest and rever me back in case of any clairification.

Thanks a lot.

Regards

Abhishek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhishek,

The system cannot restrict a user based on nature of a project.

Please be specific in terms of SAP terminologies and let us know on what basis you need to restrict. For e.g. Project Type, Person responsible Etc.

Regards,

Kabir

former_member711289
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Kabir,

Thanks for reply. You mean to say we can restrict if project type is differnt for that particular project definition or by person responsible.

If that is the case i can go for that. Kindly confirm the same.

Thanks a lot.

Regards

Abhishek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhishek,

1. Firstly, read what Virendra has written and try to avoid capitals. I have changed the same now.

2. I gave you an example as Project type etc. because you said nature of project. You need to decide and finalise based on your requirement.

3. Yes, you can restrict the project WBS based on many criterias like project type, person responsible, profit center etc. Use appropriate authorization objects, create roles and assign to user IDs with the help of Basis consultant.

Regards,

Kabir

former_member711289
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Kabir,

Thanks a lot for helping so much. As you said we can block the things as project type and person responsible. It means i have 2 project type and authorisations are properly done. Now if one user is accessing reports than he wont get the figures from second project type. I know my scenerio is bit different so i just wana confirm it.

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Abhishek

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you do not have any distinguishing factor based on organisation parameters,

then create a zfield at project definition and try to manage authorization through the exit :EXIT_SAPLCNAU_001.

ashis