cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not being asked credentials when starting Web dynpro from SAP GUI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello folks.

I need to start Web Dynpro apps from SAP GUI. But I have to enter login and password again. How can I avoid this trouble?

I thought that I could use SSO, but don't know how.

Edited by: Konstantin Milutin on Feb 24, 2010 8:27 AM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It is working for me > I am launching WD application from SAP GUI without any password. here is the code:

*Construct webdynpro application URL

CALL FUNCTION 'WDY_CONSTRUCT_URL'

EXPORTING

INTERNALMODE = ' '

application = 'wd application name'

PARAMETERS = lt_tihttpnvp

IMPORTING

OUT_URL = lv_url

EXCEPTIONS

INVALID_APPLICATION = 1

OTHERS = 2

IF sy-subrc <> 0.

MESSAGE ID SY-MSGID TYPE SY-MSGTY NUMBER SY-MSGNO

WITH SY-MSGV1 SY-MSGV2 SY-MSGV3 SY-MSGV4.

ENDIF.

*Launch the webgui browser

CALL FUNCTION 'WEBGUI_BROWSER_WINDOW_OPEN'

EXPORTING

url = lv_url

EXCEPTIONS

ITS_NOT_AVAILABLE = 1

OTHERS = 2

IF sy-subrc <> 0.

MESSAGE ID SY-MSGID TYPE SY-MSGTY NUMBER SY-MSGNO

WITH SY-MSGV1 SY-MSGV2 SY-MSGV3 SY-MSGV4.

ENDIF.

Thanks

Vishal kapoor

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi ,

Go to SE93 .....Give the transaction name select the radio button Transaction with parameters

under default values of transaction give..WDYID

under default values give the name of the screen and values as below :

1 STARTMODE GUI

2 APPLICATION <ur application name>.

regards,

amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for you answer. What do I have to do with this transaction? I started it with parameters you said. And It is still asking for a password... Do I have to modify this program and insert enable_sapsso( ) method?

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

>Do I have to modify this program and insert enable_sapsso( ) method?

No, you shouldn't have to modify the program. If you don't get SSO, then either the service node is inactive (check SICF for the service node /sap/public/myssocntl) or your system isn't configured to generate SSO tickets (in which case you should discuss with your basis team so they can complete the proper configuration - see this help article: http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70ehp1/helpdata/en/5c/b7d53ae8ab9248e10000000a114084/frameset.htm ).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

There is a static method called as enable_sapsso( ) from class cl_gui_html_viewer.

Just do a where used list for that method, you will get some sample calls and an idea how it can be achieved.

Try using this method, may be it can help

Regards

Manas Dua

Former Member
0 Kudos

You are reading my mind)) I saw this method, but where can I insert it? I don't have cl_gui_html_viewer in my WD application...

Former Member
0 Kudos

What we did and others probably too is to create a report program to launch a WD application.

Insisde your report program you will first construct the WD App URL, pass the application parameters to it.

Then you will check using the following method that whether SSO Service is enabled for you or not .

icf_url = '/sap/public/myssocntl'. "#EC SYNTCHAR

CALL METHOD cl_icf_tree=>if_icf_tree~service_from_url

EXPORTING

url = icf_url

hostnumber = 0

authority_check = ' '

IMPORTING

icfactive = l_sso_active.

If l_sso_active = 'X' then you call method enable_sapsso and finally call method

detach_url_in_browser of class cl_gui_html_viewer with ur WD URL as input param.

You create an object of this class as follows

create object l_viewer

exporting parent = l_empty_co.

l_empty_co is of type cl_gui_container

Check for any programs in your system repository which launches WD app from a report using any of the above mentioned methods or where used list of class cl_gui_html_cotnainer. You will get an idea.

Regards

Manas Dua

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

>What we did and others probably too is to create a report program to launch a WD application

You don't even necessarily need to create a report program to lauch if you just want the browser window to open outside the SAPGUI with SSO for WDA. Just create a parameter transaction around the transaction code WDYID. This is what the transaction code SOAMANAGER does - look at it for an example.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thomas could you explain me one problem, related to this issue. On Windows OS, component cl_gui_html_viewer is just IE component embeded inside SAP GUI. When I did enable_sso() and detach in browser window, the system opens IE browser, not taking into account that the default browser is Firefox. It follows that users have to use only IE. Is it fairly?))

p.s. On my Ubuntu with Java GUI SSO doesn't work at all.

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

>On Windows OS, component cl_gui_html_viewer is just IE component embeded inside SAP GUI.

Exactly. It isn't calling the OS to ask what your default browser is. Instead via the Control Framework it directly invokes the control ID for Internet Explorer via OLE. It is specific to Internet Explorer.

Technically it doesn't even call iexplore.exe. It actually calls an object called Microsoft Web Browser that is technically a subset of the functionality in Iexplore.exe (OSS Note 738973).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Tomas. Do you mean that the other browsers are underprivileged and SSO could be done only in IE and only in Windows?

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

>

> Hello Tomas. Do you mean that the other browsers are underprivileged and SSO could be done only in IE and only in Windows?

When it comes to SSO via SAPGUI, then yes this is the case. It has to do with how the SAPGUI creates an instance of the browser, regardless of SSO.

Of course general SSO logon tickets (accepted via the Portal or via AS-ABAP Logon Screen and not the SAPGUI) support all browsers/OS combinations covered by the PAM. Afterall the SSO Ticket is just a browser session cookie - nothing special there.