cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wrong font in Preivew

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

I have designed my layout in adobe form in Arial font. In layout preview it is coming proper.

But in the print preview as well as print out I am getting Times New Roman font instead of Arial.

Please help me through this. Awaiting your valuable answers,

Regards,

Srikanth S

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

OttoGold
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

you can check what the problem is like this:

- open the form outside SAP (the mentioned preview) and check in the form properties, what fonts are used

- check if the font you want to use is installed on SAP backend/ ADS (basis issue)

- is there a message when opening the form (would be the client PC font problem)

Regards, Otto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Otto,

Thanks for your very quick reply.

- open the form outside SAP (the mentioned preview) and check in the form properties, what fonts are used

how to form form outside SAP? not clear

- check if the font you want to use is installed on SAP backend/ ADS (basis issue)

I have checked with basis. They informed me its intalled.

- is there a message when opening the form (would be the client PC font problem)

While opeing form through SFP tcode its not showing any message and in the design mode layout, i can able to see the texts in the Arial Font.

Any other possiblities?

Thanks and regards

Srikanth S

OttoGold
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

1) open you LCD outside SAP, just find the formeditor.exe and launch it from your program files

2) and you HAVE to use that font? Or you just wonder why it is happening?

3) if you don´t have to use the mentioned font, pick another one, I have a very good experience with myriad pro

4) (stupid question) do you have the form installed on your desktop, right?

Otto

chintan_virani
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The name is formdesigner.exe and not formeditor.exe. It's my turn to find out your mistake

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Otto,

I designed my form in SAP-SFP transaction. How i can open that form into Formdesigner. exe?

If i see preview in English i can able to see the preview but the font is in "Times new roman" where as i designed my form in Arial.

But i see the print preview in hungary it is not showing preview. The trace is showing "Error creating PDEFont for font TimesNewRomanPSMT." Since the preview is in Times.

Regards

Srikanth S

OttoGold
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Just dig in your Program Files > Adobe > Designer 8.1 (my case). Here you can find the mentioned exe file (thanks to chintan there is no way you can make a mistake:))

Generate a form in SAP or use print preview in SAP-intergrated LCD and save the form on your desktop. Then open it with the standalone LCD (using that filename, of course).

This way you can do the changes and test the behavior (I used this for debuggin scripting every time).

Looks like you have a serious font problem. Did you try to change your texts to the mentioned Myriad Pro font? Or you insist on using Arial?

Otto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Fisrt of all i couldn't see the print preview from SAP. If i am tring to see the preview only adobe general error is showing. So i can't save as PDF and can't open in LCD right. I have been insisted to use arial font. So in layout design i have used Arial font. But in Preview from English i am getting Times new roman. But from Hungary it shows error.

Regards

Srikanth S

OttoGold
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

But in Preview from English i am getting Times new roman.

Well, that means you CAN get some preview, which you can save and work with outside SAP:))) Otto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

When you define a layout you can use several Fonts but take car that not all of them can be used by AdobeForms.

If you select your field, look on "reports and warning" parts of the designer if there's a message like "Font xxx will be replace by yy" if you got it the only way to solve your issue is to add the corresponding fonts in ADS part, this can be done by your basis team.

regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bertrand,

Thanks a lot for your valuable answer. Finally it got solved by basis. They copied the fonts into the server which font error i got in the trace. Then it got solved.

Thanks a lot for all.

Regards

Srikanth S

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Nice if you solved your issue.

Regards.

andrs_sarcevic
Contributor
0 Kudos

...and nice to come accross these kind of threads when you're facing a similar problem!

Thank you all!

Answers (0)