cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Online Java Export

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus ,

We are in the process of Quality refreshes , We have taken java export of a dual stack system , but the export file got accidently deleted from the disk . Now the production servers are up and no downtime is approved by the business .

Is there any option to take Java export in online .

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

we can take java export when the system is online. We have taken java export when the system is online. Only SDM gets stopped. We can use both ABAP+ Java instance normally.

To validate i just ran java export on one of the Training server, i was able to java export online . both ABAP+ Java Instance were operational. i check MMC only SDM server got stopped during export and got started after export finished.

Regards,

Kiran Madhu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Madhu ,

Thanks tfor the reply . SDM stopping wont be a problem , but how to do it .

Is it done by unchecking the check box Stop running the system .

Thanks,

Manu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, you are right, Just Uncheck "Stop running System"

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Matt_Fraser
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Just to add in, keeping the system online while doing the Java export worked fine for us, although the wording on the checkbox option was a little different.  Instead of "Stop running system" the box said "Manually stop system when prompted by SAPinst."  I UNchecked this box (it's checked by default), and the export proceeded without further interruption.  I watched in MMC and the SDM Server shut down and restarted, but the main Java dispatcher and server instances did not stop, and there was no interruption for users.  This is using the Software Provisioning Manager (replacement for SAPinst) v1.0 sp2 on a dual-stack Solution Manager 7.0 EhP1 system (NetWeaver 7.01).

Former Member
0 Kudos

The SCS export (i.e SDK repository of applications) does not have any dependence on system online.

With Java only export you are exporting the application repository not Java Schema so go ahead by "Un-Checking Stop running System" option.

-sekhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Sekar . I did the same

former_member227283
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

No, For java export down time is manditory.

Thanks

Anil