cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Standard Mappings.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In PI i got some standard message maaping for version 4010.( i.e. EDI to IDOC).

How we will get this standard mapping can u tell me the procedure.

Thanks,

Singh.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

sbuttler77
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I don't think there is any such thing as standard mapping as it all comes down to your requirements. What you need to do is to import your X12 xsds and to determine the corresponding IDoc, e.g. X12 850/855 to ORDERS05 for PO/PO Ack and then map away. To make your IDocs work in PI you need to import them into your SWCV (imported objects) for your mapping and also make sure to you import them in your Abap stack (TA IDX1 & IDX2) so that your IDoc adapter can handle them.

A good way to start is transaction WE19 in your R/3/ECC system to determine which fields of the IDoc you will have to populate in your environment. As soon as you have a working IDoc go back to PI and map all the fields that you need.

Edited by: Sven Buttler on Feb 24, 2010 8:36 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sven,

For 4010 version i have some edi to idoc Standard mappings in software component SEEBURGER_CONSUMER 2.1.3 of seeburger .

I copied those mapping which are present in above software component and modified into my software component namespace.

So like that i need to do in 4030 version. for this i dont have standard mappings.

So plzz let me know how do i get those standar mappings.

Thanks,

Singh.

sbuttler77
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Singh,

I don't know which Seeburger version you've purchased but I checked our docs SAPXI_ContentGuide_CONSUMER_en.pdf and it look like it doesn't come with any 4030 files.

I suggest you ask Seeburger to supply you with the 4030 EDI files and you run them through the MappingDesigner to create the XML and the 1:1 mappings and then deploy your sda file. You can use the MD also to create the xsd. Import the xsd into your namespace. Copy the 4010 interface and message mapping and try to replace the source message with your 4030 xsd. I don't know if that works but if you're lucky and there're not too many differences between the versions PI might keep the mapping. If it doesn't you will have to do the mapping all by yourself but most of the time you can refer to the 4010 mapping.

Hope that helps.

Sven

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sven,

My Question is:

Presently we have 4010 version standard mappings. But i need know the procedure of deploying 4010 version mappings in PI.

Thanks,

Singh.

sbuttler77
Active Participant
0 Kudos

" deploying 4010 version mappings in PI"

You mean deploying the 4030 version right?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I need the procedure that how to deploy 4010 or 4030 version standard mapings in PI.

later i will take care of versions.

thanks,

SIngh.

Edited by: vcpsingh on Feb 24, 2010 11:22 AM

Edited by: vcpsingh on Feb 24, 2010 11:34 AM

sbuttler77
Active Participant
0 Kudos

If you mean by deploy to configure the mapping process then what you need to do is to go to the Integration Directory and set up the process flow. I don't know what your process looks like but to give you an idea

Create a party (=customer/trading partner), thats gonna be the sender

Add a business service (make sure to add the interface this service is going use, e.g. E_ORDERS_UN_D97A etc)

Add a sender comunication channel to pick up the files you want to process (e.g. file/ftp)

Create another party or service without party thats going to act as receiver

Add a business service (for ftp/file) or a business system (R/3/ECC), make sure to add the receiving interface e.g ORDERS.ORDERS05

Add a receiver communication channel (e.g. IDoc)

Then, in this order create

Sender agreement

Receiver determination

Interface determination

Receiver agreement

You might find it easier to use the wizard when you go through this the first time.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry Sven,

U didn't get me.

My Question is.

I got 4010 version standard mappings in Integration repository.

I need the procedure that how do we get this standard mappings in IR.

Thanks,

Singh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

you have to create on your own for the same..as there is no standard mapping avialable for the version 4030 unlike 4010...

if the mapping conditions are same for 4030 like 4010 then copy the standard mapping and then change the source from 4010 message type to 4030 message type ...so that the mapping field will be retained..and also can be enchanced if needed..

Hope this clears you

Regards

Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

Thanks for your reply.

Ok, i will map manually for 4030 but, I need the procedure for how do we got 4010 standard mappings in PI.

Thanks,

Singh.

JaganMohan
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Singh,

I think you are asking about the SEEBURGER standard mappings.

How do we get these mappings in PI?

Actually if you know the whole procedure then you may not asking this. You can read the Seeburger manuals regarding the standard mapping, deployment and everything.

Answer for your question is that we need to deploy the required .SDA files (Seeburger provided) and import the software component versions of Seeburger in PI server. After importing the SWCV we can get the standard mappings in IR.

Regards,

JP.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi JP,

Can u tell me the following stps are correct.

My scenario is EDI to IDOC

1. I created EDI to XML Mapping in BICMD.

2. after that i generate .sca files.

3. imported in IR.

4. here comes message mapping for version 4010 i have some message mapping in IR of PI system

For example A_850_4010_to_orders05 like that.

so here my Question is. Same mapping will exit in 4030 version otherwise i need to create message mapping manually in IR.

If there is some standard message mappings for 4030. how can i import those message mappings.

Plzz confirm me.

Thanks,

Singh.

JaganMohan
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Singh,

The steps you said are correct. Small correction.

2. after that i generate .sca files. (SCA files need to be deployed in PI server using SDM)

3. imported in IR. (If I'm right then you are importing the source XSD files)

Answer for your questions:

Same mapping will exit in 4030 version otherwise i need to create message mapping manually in IR.

Seeburger provide some of the standard mapping only. For e.g. 4010. Other versions we need to do all the steps from the beginning as you said steps from 1-4.

If there is some standard message mappings for 4030. how can i import those message mappings.

If standard mappings provided by Seeburger then those mappings are coming with Seeburger SWCV as like 4010 version. So from that component you can do the copy object to your own component. Also the updated BICMD files (e.g. with 4030 added) you need again deploy in PI server.

Regards,

JP.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks JP,

So, I need to create my message mappings manually. is it right?

Really thanks for ur help and thanks for rajesh also.

Thanks,

Singh.

JaganMohan
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Singh,

Yes, if your third party (Seeburger) is not providing those mappings.

Regards,

JP.

Answers (0)