Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delivery gets created in VL01N - Return scenario even after error message

dipak_kumar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am having following issue explained in details in steps -

We have a service return scenario and following steps have been followed in ECC.

Material code used in this case is batch managed material.

Step 1 u2013

We have created a sales order(VA01) with document type ZRE(Itu2019s a kind of return order). This return order actually coming from CRM.

Step 2 u2013

We are creating delivery using VL01N transaction for return order.

Step 3 u2013

We avoid giving batch number in VL01N and try to save the delivery document. System prompt error saying u201CEnter batchu201D. Subsequently we press return keys to cancel the error message and try to come out of the transaction.

Step 4 u2013

Instead inputting batch number, we try come out of the document creation step.

Step 5 u2013

We go to document flow button of sales order and we could see the delivery created although we came out of the delivery creation process after the error message, without saving the document.

Also note instead of coming out of the document creation, if we again try to save the document, system throws update termination with a reason saying u201CError info... ABAP/4 processor: SAPSQL_ARRAY_INSERT_DUPRECu201D, which is quite obvious as system has already created the delivery and we are trying to create / save the document once again in VL01N

We are in dilemma now.

What is the cause of this abnormal behaviour? I don't know.

Any one experienced this, feedback is appreciated,

Regards,

Dipak

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member330517
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Dipak Kumar

This is one of the good furture which you have in SAP, even if the document incomplete it will allow you to save the doc, but if you want to document not to be saved then go create incompletion log , if that is maintained then it will not allow you to save the document ,

Hope this will solve your problem

Regards

Venkat

Edited by: K.Venkata Chalapathi on Feb 24, 2010 3:47 PM

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
SAPSQL_ARRAY_INSERT_DUPREC

Normally, in many circumstances, this error will come, please have a look at any of the following notes:-

a) Note 855434 or

b) Note 760460

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

dipak_kumar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

The SAPSQL_ARRAY_INSERT_DUPREC error is not bothering me much.

My worry is once "Enter batch" error message comes, I am not interested to create the delivery any more.

So I come out of the transaction by pressing return key.

Now when I press return key, system gives me the delivery number, this should not be the case as message given was an error message.

If I go to the SE16N, I could see the delivery number in database.

Also system prompts me to save the delivery which I am not interested to do, just I want to come out after error message.

What could be the reason, I don't know. Ever after error message system gives you the delivery.

Which is very strange.

Any input is apprecited,

Regards,

Dipak