Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WDABAP: Separeate Messages in Popup

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I would like to establish following:

In the main-window of an application there are a message area with several messages active. Open a popup the messages of the main-window should not be displayed but some other messages shall be displayed in the popup and only there.

What I have done to reach the goal:

1. I looked at if_wd_window_manager->create_window(). This method has the parameter MESSAGE_DISPLAY_MODE with three potential values: MSG_DISPLAY_MODE_ALL, MSG_DISPLAY_MODE_SELECTED and MSG_DISPLAY_MODE_NONE .

The result is this parameter controls whether any message should displayed in the popup.

My feeling is that only setting that parameter you cannot divide messages to different message areas.

2. I used different message-managers.

- To add those messages from the main-window I used the message-manager from the corresponding Main-View.

- To add messages to the popup I used the message-manager from the corresponding Popup-View.

Unfortunatelly that does not help, it seems to be always the same message manager.

Does anybody have an idee what I could do to reach my goal?

Thanks and Regards,

Marcel

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Marcel,

to use different message managers will not help you because all message managers of the application share the same messages.

To separate the messages that should be displayed in the popup from the messages of the main window you will have to set the parameter MESSAGE_DISPLAY_MODE to the value

MSG_DISPLAY_MODE_SELECTED and specify the name of the view for which the message is valid via the parameter VIEW.

Best Regards, Ariane.

Answers (0)