cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Two System Landscape

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have SAP NetWeaver BI 7.0,Oracle 10.2.0.4,AIX.

Currently we have three System landscape in BI system i.e BID-BIQ-BIP.

We had removed BIQ from transport route as we want to create two system landscape for our BI environment.

Now i want BID & BIQ both to be in one hardware (physical server) i.e. i want to create BID in BIQ only.

Is it possible to do the same?

If yes can any body tell me how can i proceed?

Regards,

Aasmi.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sure, you can install both instances in the same server as the guys wrote you. But in the TMS you 'll still have three environments BID / BIQ / BIP.

Why do you think in two environments from the TMS design side?

Are you thinking in a one system with two clients? One for Dev and the other for QAS? If this is your idea is not possible in BI systems.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thank you so much for your reply.

I want BID & BIQ in one OS & BIP in one OS.

Will it not be possible?

why?

Regards,

Aasmi

Former Member
0 Kudos

>

> Hi,

>

> Thank you so much for your reply.

>

> I want BID & BIQ in one OS & BIP in one OS.

> Will it not be possible?

> why?

>

> Regards,

> Aasmi

What do you mean by OS ? for example : BID, BIQ on Windows and BIP on Unix ?

or do you mean server ? for example : BID, BIQ in on box, BIQ on another

Different OS : SAP supports this. Technically it is possible. Transports are independant of OS/Database. But be aware for the maintenance. You will perform tests in an environment (Windows) and golive in another (UNIX). The kernel and so on will be different. The architecture with peripheral systems will be different. And so on... I do not recommand it

Different boxes : I recommand it and it is possible.

Best regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

As long as you have the sufficient hard ware resources you can put tow systems in a single OS.

Make sure you change the instance number of you QA systems.

Thanks

Vamsi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thank you for your replies.

After calling SAPinst under system copy there are three options what are they? Can any body explain plz.

System Copy - Oracle - Based on AS ABAP - 1. Export Preparation

2. Table Splitting Preparation

3. Database Instance Export.

Need to do all steps?

Regards,

Aasmi

Former Member
0 Kudos

>

> Hi,

>

> Thank you for your replies.

>

> After calling SAPinst under system copy there are three options what are they? Can any body explain plz.

> System Copy - Oracle - Based on AS ABAP - 1. Export Preparation

> 2. Table Splitting Preparation

> 3. Database Instance Export.

>

> Need to do all steps?

>

>

> Regards,

> Aasmi

You have to perform the three steps.

Import/export is time consuming depending on your database size.

You have another method (which requires some knowledge) :

If you have a consistent backup from your source system, you don't have to perform an export/import of your database.

You can install SAP and RDBMS software on the target system

Restore the Oracle datafiles

Adapt the controlfiles to the target

Restart the database

Perform post installation steps

With sapinst, go to system copy -> oracle --> target system installation --> central system -> based on AS ABAP (hope the releases are ok)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Sorry to say but you are not getting my point correctly.

i want to Export the system first; through SAPinst only.

System Copy - Oracle - Based on AS ABAP -

1. Export Preparation

Above are the different step existing.

3. Database Instance Export. can this one is only sufficient?

Former Member
0 Kudos

>

> Hi,

> Sorry to say but you are not getting my point correctly.

> i want to Export the system first; through SAPinst only.

>

> System Copy - Oracle - Based on AS ABAP -

> 1. Export Preparation

>

> Above are the different step existing.

> 3. Database Instance Export. can this one is only sufficient?

I repeat : to my point of view you have to perform the three steps

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks.

1. Export Preparation

Can you please explain me what these steps doing?

Former Member
0 Kudos

>

> thanks.

>

> 1. Export Preparation

>

> Can you please explain me what these steps doing?

Step 1: I think It checks the prerequisites and ask you for some informations. It generates the scripts to perform the export (tables, and so on).

Step 2 : this step slipts the scripts to parallelize the export. It is very usefull because export can be time consuming.

Step 3: it exports the database

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thank you so much for your reply & valuable support.

After doing this i will let u know.

regards,

Aasmi

Former Member
0 Kudos

SAP enjoy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

While importing the system copy to new hardware where already one instance is running, is it nessesary to create new mount points like oracle home,data file location & all?

Will SAP Profile will changes e.g.startsap & stopsap.

Former Member
0 Kudos

>

> Hi,

>

> While importing the system copy to new hardware where already one instance is running, is it nessesary to create new mount points like oracle home,data file location & all?

>

> Will SAP Profile will changes e.g.startsap & stopsap.

Hi

Yes it is

Like a typical installation of SAP

SAPinst will create new profiles and start & stop scripts for this new installation

They will be available on the new <sid>adm directory

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

While Exporting the Source System below error occurred.

INFO 2010-03-13 19:42:50

Account 205 already exists.

INFO 2010-03-13 19:42:51

Creating file /tmp/sapinst_instdir/NW04S/LM/COPY/ORA/EXP/CENTRAL/AS-ABAP/PREEXP/R3ldctl.exe.log.

Output of /usr/sap/BID/SYS/exe/run/R3ldctl -p /oracle/BID/sapdata4/BID_EXP_130310/ABAP/DATA -l R3ldctlExport.log is written to the logfile R3ldctl.exe.log.

WARNING 2010-03-13 19:42:51

Execution of the command "/usr/sap/BID/SYS/exe/run/R3ldctl -p /oracle/BID/sapdata4/BID_EXP_130310/ABAP/DATA -l R3ldctlExport.log" finished with return code 2. Output:

ERROR 2010-03-13 19:42:51

CJS-30023 Process call '/usr/sap/BID/SYS/exe/run/R3ldctl -p /oracle/BID/sapdata4/BID_EXP_130310/ABAP/DATA -l R3ldctlExport.log' exits with error code 2. For details see log file(s) R3ldctlExport.log.

FCO-00011 The step runR3ldctl with step key |NW_Prepare_Export|ind|ind|ind|ind|0|0|NW_ABAP_Prepare_Export_Dialog|ind|ind|ind|ind|4|0|NW_ABAP_Prepare_Export|ind|ind|ind|ind|0|0|runR3ldctl was executed with status ERROR .

INFO 2010-03-13 19:42:53

An error occured and the user decide to stop.\n Current step "|NW_Prepare_Export|ind|ind|ind|ind|0|0|NW_ABAP_Prepare_Export_Dialog|ind|ind|ind|ind|4|0|NW_ABAP_Prepare_Export|ind|ind|ind|ind|0|0|runR3ldctl".

Any body can help us out please.

Regards,

Aasmi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

While Exporting the Source System below error occurred.

Creating file /tmp/sapinst_instdir/NW04S/LM/COPY/ORA/EXP/CENTRAL/AS-ABAP/PREEXP/R3ldctl.exe.log.

Output of /usr/sap/BID/SYS/exe/run/R3ldctl -p /oracle/BID/sapdata4/BID_EXP_130310/ABAP/DATA -l R3ldctlExport.log is written to the logfile R3ldctl.exe.log.

Execution of the command "/usr/sap/BID/SYS/exe/run/R3ldctl -p /oracle/BID/sapdata4/BID_EXP_130310/ABAP/DATA -l R3ldctlExport.log" finished with return code 2. Output:

CJS-30023 Process call '/usr/sap/BID/SYS/exe/run/R3ldctl -p /oracle/BID/sapdata4/BID_EXP_130310/ABAP/DATA -l R3ldctlExport.log' exits with error code 2. For details see log file(s) R3ldctlExport.log.

FCO-00011 The step runR3ldctl with step key |NW_Prepare_Export|ind|ind|ind|ind|0|0|NW_ABAP_Prepare_Export_Dialog|ind|ind|ind|ind|4|0|NW_ABAP_Prepare_Export|ind|ind|ind|ind|0|0|runR3ldctl was executed with status ERROR .

An error occured and the user decide to stop.\n Current step "|NW_Prepare_Export|ind|ind|ind|ind|0|0|NW_ABAP_Prepare_Export_Dialog|ind|ind|ind|ind|4|0|NW_ABAP_Prepare_Export|ind|ind|ind|ind|0|0|runR3ldctl".

Any body can help us out please.

Regards,

Aasmi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

While system copy Export we are getting an following error;

Any body knows why this error is coming?

regards,

Aasmi

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

may be in file R3ldctl.exe.log you'll have more informations

just tell us

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Export is done successfully.

While importing in target system SAPINST has hang at step "Perform Post Load Activities".

Their are no change in log timing after this step.

Can any body help.

Regards,

Aasmi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

> Now i want BID & BIQ both to be in one hardware (physical server) i.e. i want to create BID in BIQ only.

Yes of course

You must have enough physical ressources on the server

Be aware too of the instance number, if BID and BIQ have the same, you will encounter some problems.

> If yes can any body tell me how can i proceed?

If I understand well, you have to perform a system copy.

Juste take a look at this note : https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/857734

And this one : https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/784931

The copy is quite simple if you don't use a J2EE stack : install the software on the target server, restore your database form an offline backup, restart, perform post copy steps

With a J2EE stack you have to perform an export of the stack from your source system.

Hope this will help you

Edited by: Aymeric Douyere on Feb 24, 2010 3:01 PM

p330068
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Aasmi

Yes, it is possible..change the instance number and installed the BIQ on the same server.

Thanks

Arun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If the physical resources of the server are sufficient, just intall BIQ on the same server as BID.

Regards,

Olivier