Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Trading Partner + Document type

Hi

As per my understanding, there are following 2 options for posting trading partner on a line item:

Option - 1

I checked the fields u2018Inter-company postingu2019 and u2018Enter Trading Partneru2019 in the control tab for Document type.

In this case, Documents can be posted cross-company and you can enter the partner for G/L account items manually.

In this case, system will not derive Trading Partner based on the trading partner on other line item of the document if this field is left blank during the document entry

Option - 2

I did not check the field u2018Inter-company postingu2019 and checked u2018Enter Trading Partneru2019 in the control tab for Document type.

In this case, you manually enter Trading Partners. Cannot be a Cross-company partners (different trading partners on different lines). If there is GL/Vendor/Customer with a trading partner, system will post the same on other line item or system will automatically derive trading partner on the other line item

Is there a way that system derives Trading partner automatically on the GL line item based on the trading partner in the master data of vendor on the credit line item (Option - 2) and at the same time if i need to overwrite it / change it on the GL line, i have the flexibility to do that.

Please advice

Thanks,

Shiv

Former Member
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question